Crystals and music

Lavawolf

I'm sorry if someone already posted this, but do stones like music?

Briar Rose

I bet they do. I treat my crystals as alive creatures! My crystals are separated by color, and sit on my desk in little clear cups I created.

I play world music here, mostly from Putumayo; music from Mali, Africa, Middle Eastern mixes, Morocco, and Egypt. I play flute music, Charka music, and sometimes some rock and roll.

My crystals are shiney, bright and look like they have life.

So I say yes, they do. The pick up on and give off the vibrations, just as me and you do. I even play my singing bowl next to them. And when I go to the beach I take them along hoping they will love the ocean waves.

skygreen

Yes some of mine do . Sometimes I feel energy from the crystal in my home that seem to be in response to the music that is playing. I do have some singing crystals both the kind that are rolled to produce musical bell like sound and those which seem to enable a person to sing or tone better. I have at times heard the crystal vibration. One method of writing songs especially spirit or soul songs is to enter meditation while holding a stone ofr crystal to your ear or resting with your ear resting against a stone or boulder and listening
until you hear the song and have learned it well enoght to repeat.
I have had dreams of great crystaline choirs playing magnificent music and others have also had simular dreamtime experiences.

Peggy Jentoft

Gaby

I am a pro musician... Hope they like music!
Anyway, stones do help musicians. I use Emerald for creativity and groupal work, Ruby for leadership (I'm a conductor), and Black Opal. Black Opal is musician's stone. It helps to communicate with the public, opens the ears of the audience to receive what you want to offer them. Ah! I use to carry and Ametrine when I'm performing too, and a little Tourmalinated Quartz for concerts.

anonymous_artist

Yeah I reckon they do in some ways ...

I actually charge some stones by placing them in a Tibetan Singing Bowl and then making the Bowl sing by rubbing the sides.

crystalwoman

I think that crystals like certain kinds of music. My crystals are all responsive to the vibrations of shamanic drumming and Tibetan singing bowls, some of the crystals will sing along by making a melodious humming noise. I've recorded the sound they make and it's quite beautiful.

ashtoreth

wow!

crystalwoman said:
I think that crystals like certain kinds of music. My crystals are all responsive to the vibrations of shamanic drumming and Tibetan singing bowls, some of the crystals will sing along by making a melodious humming noise. I've recorded the sound they make and it's quite beautiful.

Crystalwoman,

That is really incredible! I am really inspired after reading all this, I am off to work with my crystals (and some music of course!!)

Love,
Ashtoreth

crystalwoman

If you think that is incredible then perhaps you would like to read the information that I just posted to this other topic about programming crystals (In my case it's about NOT programming crystals).

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=71006