what is a homosexual card ?

sunstallion

In the discussion at the tarot group reading, one woman said one of President Bush's struggle was to push the federal government to ban gay marriage. That he will never win because the Congress may never be able to pass through both houses. She also said Bush's concept of war is "not intelligent".

She used the Raider Waiter deck. I wonder what card is a homosexual card. I never heard of it. I flipped through all my books (all of my books use the Raider Waite deck) and cannot find which one represents a homosexual.

what card is a bisexual card ? may be that is what she meant ?

sunstallion

Oops, may be this thread should go under Rider Waite Smith forum. Sorry, i already started it in this forum.

Simone

Hi, sunstallion,

here (click on link) is a compilation of questions dealing with gay and lesbian themes.

Maybe you could look through these while I move your post to the Talking Tarot Forum.

May I ask you to clarify your post so as to make it clear your question does not relate to the political contents?

Thank you for your understanding!

Simone

cheekyminx

gargoyle_guarded said:
The Universe (U) combined with The Fool (R) suggests being bi-curious.
The Universe (U) combined with The Moon (R) suggests being in the closet.
The Universe (U) combined with The Stars (R) suggests being homophobic.
The Universe (U) combined with The Stars (U) suggests being bisexual.
The Universe (U) combined with The Magician (U) suggests being gay.

I've chosen these cards because to me the fool reversed is not moving forward; the moon reversed is about lies, deception, illusions; the stars reversed is about a negative self-image, self-doubts; the stars upright is about mutual love or a love of two different things; the magician upright is about laying everything on the table, and saying "this is me, this is who I am".

gargoyle_guarded

Hope this helps....and thanks gargoyle

sunstallion

May I ask you to clarify your post so as to make it clear your question does not relate to the political contents?

I cannot clarify because I dont remember the reading.

I am just curious to know what card is the homosexual card because it showed up in the woman's reading.

NightWing

Gay Card?

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a "homosexual card", at least in the RWS tarot deck and that tradition. I believe the same is true of the Marseille tarot tradition.

A very few decks (that are not "gay"-themed tarot decks) have a card like "The Lovers" that feature an ambiguous or same-sex couple. The World Spirit and Cosmic Tribe tarots are examples.

It is possible that a certain combination of cards might indicate to a reader that homosexuality was an issue in the reading. That is what cheekyminx's quote above from gargoyle_guarded addresses, I believe.

Citrin

I'm sorry, but personally I think that's bull... Those combinations someone posted suggest much deeper things than someone's sexuality, most of the time. Hmm.

I would think it's more of a feeling/psychic thing, if someone actually sees homosexuality issues in a reading, not what card "is gay" or whatever.

Sorry, I've just never agreed with the whole "Okay, if you get 9 Swords + Queen of Rods + The Fool it means your mom's dog is gonna step on glass in nine days!". The tarot isn't that fixed and static.

Celcius

Quoting Citrin..
"I'm sorry, but personally I think that's bull... Those combinations someone posted suggest much deeper things than someone's sexuality, most of the time. Hmm."

Agreed!

The Empress followed by the Emperor (RX) = Gay

The Emperor followed by the Empress (RX) = Lesbian

lol, sorry Just being absurd...

No cards mean "Gay" all the time, everytime. What is curious, is the re-surgence of these posts, when there is clearly a "Gay Themes" thread right here on the site.

There are no silly questions, just poorly researched ones.

Kether__

Could, the Emperor and High Priestess cards laying as opposed cards(favourable and disfavouravle aspects)mean a hidden homo or bisexuality, regarding a very neurotic person?

Elven

This combination relates to one reading, and one alone, which means that if the combination is placed onto another reading - it may have nothing to do with it - but the question related to - "Why am I having such difficulty with this man, and why is our 'relationship' stalled?"
The card combination was Hermit - Justice (I think relating to the relationship and as the 1 & 2 CC positions), and then as an Outcome - Devil - Moon.
Intuitively I mentioned that there was a sexual issue relating to the reading, and it could be that he was going to tell her news within the next few weeks or so - I said that there was a possibility the gentleman was gay ....
The feedback from the woman last week (face to face reading) said that the interpretation was correct.

Card combination - or intuitive response? A bit of both - but looking at those card combinations now, I may not have related that interpretation ...

Sunstallion :) I cant help you though with what the woman you mention saw, and why she interpreted the reading in the way she did ...

Blessings
Elven x