Reading for the world

WOGIT

Just woundering if any of you have ever done a reading on current events and happenings of the world ?

madmoiselle

No, but what kind of spread would you do? I guess if you use a spread with an Advice card, it would have to be what you could do to help? Or would you use a spread just to help you understand it more may-be ...

wayseer

No. I'm not that courageous.

jmd

I think you'll find quite a variety of general readings on current events and world situations in the Your Readings Forum.

In addition, I suspect that many of us also have done such readings without posting them - for whatever reason.

As to the spread used, this would, I suggest, depend on the person who does the reading. A single card, a three card spread, a five card spread (such as tmgrl2's 4SSL spread), a six card spread (such as my DHSpread), a seven card spread (such as a horseshoe), even a ten card Celtic Cross or some of the specific spreads based on various seals (such as often used by paradoxx, for example, the US Seal Spread) can all provide particular insights.

Marua

I once drew a single card asking about the bird flu. I live in Denmark, and it was creeping across the borders at the time. I got the king of pentacles, and saw it as a good sign. On bigger events I would probably stay away. Like Wayseer said, it would be too scary.

fall_guy

Marua said:
On bigger events I would probably stay away. Like Wayseer said, it would be too scary.
mmm....why would it be scary?

wayseer

fall_guy said:

There is the long answer - then there is the short version.

The short - At the moment the vibes for me, with respect to the world, are negative with the likely consequence that the cards might well be subject to that negativity.

This may well be a good subject for another thread - just how are we, as tarot readers, effected by world events? - What force do global events have on our psyche - and, how would one control that force (positive or negative) when interpreting the spread?

Marua

Sorry for the late answer.

fall_guy said:

Maybe scary was the wrong word. Unpleasant probably fits better. Just the thought of knowing something big and bad is going to happen, and not being able to do a thing about it. No, thanks.