Possibly Stupid Question for Professional Readers in Wisconsin

Apollonia

My husband and I are contemplating a move to the beautiful state of Wisconsin sometime in the indefinite future, perhaps full time, perhaps part time. I would naturally want to continue my reading practice, but quite some time ago I heard that under Wisconsin law it is very difficult, if not impossible, to do readings for a fee. Is this still true? (I don't want to be the one to have to go to the Supreme Court to test the Freedom of Speech amendment, but I would be really bummed if I couldn't read for people.)

red11

Hi Apollonia,
I currently live in WI, and although I do not do professional readings for people (yet), I have seen tarot readers around (their buildings, advertisements, and in the phone book). So maybe someone can give you some more information, but as I far as I know, it shouldn't be a problem :)

Chronata

hmmm...well, I have been in Wisconsin for about 5 years now...and been doing readings publically through an entertainment booker...and so far...not a single problem!

I also know of a bunch of folks who do professional readings, also without any trouble with the law.

But this is an interesting thing to research...I will see if I can find something about this!

Apollonia

Thanks, red11 and Chronata--I feel better already! Don't know if I could live where I couldn't read for others...