Celtic Book of the Dead

Celtic Princess

Hi everyone,
Today I was out doing errands and stopped into a remainder book shop. I came across a deck and book set called "The Celtic Book of the Dead." It was inexpensive (half off the original price) so I figured I had nothing to lose and bought it. It isn't a traditional tarot deck but it intrigued me and I really liked the artwork on the cards. The book seems pretty comprehensive so I'm looking forward to reading it and familiarizing myself with the deck. Is anyone else familiar with this set? Anyway, I'll let you know how it works out for me.
--CP

Lee

Hi Celtic Princess, please forgive me but I had to move your thread to the Divination section because it concerns a deck which isn't strictly a Tarot deck.

It does sound interesting, though, hopefully someone here has worked with it and can address it.

-- Lee :)
co-moderator, Tarot Decks

catlin

Hi Celtic Princess,

Welcome here! There was a lenghtier discussion about this divination set under the thread "Voyage of Muir Duin" and I also started one under "Celtic book of the dead" some weeks ago.
Just check out by the search function.

Maybe this helps.

jade

no i'm not familiar with this deck but if the artwork speaks to you.........that's all that really matters :D

you can always make up your own meanings :D

love and light,
jade

ps let us know how that are!

truthsayer

i have the celtic book of the deck. i haven't done a reading w/ it yet but it seems to be well researched and put together. it was done by caitlin matthews who has written several books on celtic spirituality and at least 2 other celtic style decks. i wish the cards were made out of stronger material like the book was but i really do like the deck. this post reminds me i need to take time to work w/ this one some more. there is a review of it at wicce's. i don't know about passages.

good luck w/ it! let me know what your experience w/ it is.