Psychic knowing

JennyM

Has anyone ever had a psychic "knowing" while doing a reading? I had this happen ONCE....and the odd thing was...the card I was looking at had nothing to do with the information I received. It must have been triggered though...from something in the card.

Simone

Jenny, happens to me all the time ;)

It's a matter of learning to hear and trust that little voice whispering in the back of your mind... sometimes it even shouts lol

After a while you wouldn't need the cards any more to hear it ;)

this being said, I'm going to move this thread to the Talking Tarot Forum ;)

JennyM

Simone said:
Jenny, happens to me all the time ;)

It's a matter of learning to hear and trust that little voice whispering in the back of your mind... sometimes it even shouts lol

This was definitely shouting at me LOL I remember feeling something there...just under the surface...then....wham!...it "exploded" into my conscious mind...and I was like "WOW!" I have had a few experiences like that...but that was the first one using the cards.

Grizabella

It happens to me. The longer I read the cards, the more often it happens. Relaxing and just letting it flow is a big help to encouraging this to happen. :)

MariaAZ

This thread came at such an opportune time! I was just skimming through the thread about reading for skeptics and it reminded me of my husband. I'm very new to tarot reading and have been practicing mostly on myself. Actually the reason I got my tarot deck was for self-illumination. I figure if nothing else, the cards strike chords with my subconscious and allow it to communicate with my conscious. I've arrived at some pretty awesome conclusions about myself based on these readings.

However, I've done a few readings "just for fun" for hubby and most of them have been pretty accurate concerning things in his life that I'm not consciously aware of. Mostly this has been his hidden feelings about situations he's asked about. Although he is still a tarot skeptic, he feels that the reason I was able to give such an accurate reading is that I've been able to "read his mind" and that the cards were acting as a conduit from his subconscious to my conscious.

However it works doesn't really matter to me, though the idea of "psychic intervention" of sorts is quite fascinating.

Dancing Bear

HI JennyM

This happens to me nearly every reading.. Messages, Visions etc..
I started using the Voyager Tarot, because for me they have so many more triggers for me and my visions were bolder, more precise and clearer....
I now get them regardless which deck or even if i am reading or not.
As Simone says it is trusting that little voice.

What i will say is keep going and well done!

JennyM

MariaAZ said:
I figure if nothing else, the cards strike chords with my subconscious and allow it to communicate with my conscious. I've arrived at some pretty awesome conclusions about myself based on these readings.

...he feels that the reason I was able to give such an accurate reading is that I've been able to "read his mind" and that the cards were acting as a conduit from his subconscious to my conscious.

However it works doesn't really matter to me, though the idea of "psychic intervention" of sorts is quite fascinating.

For me...this is how it works. It's a bridge between my unconscious mind and my conscious mind. Somehow, just thinking about the question as I shuffle brings up the right cards...that then provide the message to my conscious mind. Perhaps this is my unconscious mind doing it...rearranging the cards to give me the answer I need/want. I think the unconscious mind is capable of a great many things. I'm in awe :)

JennyM

Dancing Bear said:
HI JennyM

This happens to me nearly every reading.. Messages, Visions etc..
I started using the Voyager Tarot, because for me they have so many more triggers for me and my visions were bolder, more precise and clearer....
I now get them regardless which deck or even if i am reading or not.
As Simone says it is trusting that little voice.

What i will say is keep going and well done!

For the past 15 years or so I've had several of those "little voice" moments. At first they came only in dreams. Lately, in the past couple of years...they have become more pronounced and are no longer occuring only during sleep. I've had a couple of waking premonitions (one with the cards), one experience with "hearing" my own voice tell me something...and this one's my favorite:

My S.O. didn't like the idea that I was going to visit a friend in another country over Christmas. In fact, he was very angry about it. The night before I was to leave I was sitting in front of my computer when I suddenly got the thought "Check your computer for spyware". I thought...where did that idea come from? Well, I did it. I downloaded a trial version of something from download.com, installed it, and ran it. It took about an hour. I had not one, but two of these programs installed...both included keystroke loggers that had grabbed my passwords etc. I knew that S.O. had done it. On the way to the airport I stopped in an Internet cafe and changed all my passwords. Now...if I hadn't received that warning...S.O. would have been reading my email...totally unknown to me. It really freaked me out. I believe my unconscious mind had contacted my conscious mind and said, "Do this...and do it NOW".

One of the reasons I'm interested in tarot is that I would like to develop this. Obviously I have a certain talent with it.

JennyM

Lyric said:
It happens to me. The longer I read the cards, the more often it happens. Relaxing and just letting it flow is a big help to encouraging this to happen. :)

I'm encouraged now after reading that other people are experiencing this. I thought it was just something that happened once...and probably wouldn't happen again.

If I may ask...and this is for everyone who responded...

When this happens...how does it feel? For YOU...how is it different from let's say...getting the idea that "Oh, I'm pretty sure this is it" The few times it has happened to me...it felt markedly different from a normal thought in that it contained an incredible sense of surety. It was like...no, you can go to the bank and withdraw every last cent and bet it on this....kind of thing.

SaMoon912

This happens to me ALL the time! Tarot reading sometimes brings out my psychic abilities and usually I don't follow a card's traditional readings because a traditional meaning could be wrong to what was needed to be answered. So I just follow my gut.