Doing two readings

Tavia

I did a reading on a gentleman's perspective of the relationship and because I didn't like the cards I drew (I felt they didn't tell me the right things and that somehow the 'wrong' cards were drawn because the overall 'feeling' of the cards did nmot appeal) I immediately replaced the cards in the deck, re-shuffled the entire deck, cut the deck and drew fresh cards for the same spread and the same question.

The cards drawn in the 2nd shuffle were completely different from the first and the 2nd set of cards and I went with the 2nd set as the 'true' reflection of the spread.

I could put all the cards drawn from the 1st and the 2nd sets and provide the spread and deck used,a nd my interpretation for both, but my question is :

"Should I go with the 2nd set of cards drawn or with the 1st set and would it make any difference at all which set of cards I relied on?"

Thanx for all your help!

Moderators : Please let me know if this is not the correct forum to place this query, and if so please move the query to the right forum !

sliderkta

Tavia said:
I did a reading on a gentleman's perspective of the relationship and because I didn't like the cards I drew (I felt they didn't tell me the right things and that somehow the 'wrong' cards were drawn because the overall 'feeling' of the cards did nmot appeal) I immediately replaced the cards in the deck, re-shuffled the entire deck, cut the deck and drew fresh cards for the same spread and the same question.

The cards drawn in the 2nd shuffle were completely different from the first and the 2nd set of cards and I went with the 2nd set as the 'true' reflection of the spread.

I could put all the cards drawn from the 1st and the 2nd sets and provide the spread and deck used,a nd my interpretation for both, but my question is :

"Should I go with the 2nd set of cards drawn or with the 1st set and would it make any difference at all which set of cards I relied on?"

Thanx for all your help!

Moderators : Please let me know if this is not the correct forum to place this query, and if so please move the query to the right forum !

I'd go with the first reading. It's not a good idea to ask the same question to the same deck 2 times in one day. If you only have 1 deck and you're not sure about the answer you got from it, wait 24 hours before asking again. It's just that the decks get annoyed and will give answers like "I told you the answer!" or "You're being materialistic!"

If you must have a second answer to the same question on the same day, get another deck. That's what I do.

zannamarie

Tavia,

If you are going to post in the 'Your Readings' section then you should be providing the cards and your interpretation.

With regards to your question, the cards from the initial draw were the answer to your question. Just because you don't like the answer to the question doesn't mean the answer is 'wrong'. A similar question was asked in this thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=64661 and was posted in the 'Talking Tarot' section.

Tavia said:
While on the surface the cards from the second set may have looked completely different, I'd be surprised if they really were. If they were, then you probably changed the question asked (and may not have realized that you did).

Kadiya,
sliderkta said:
If you must have a second answer to the same question on the same day, get another deck. That's what I do.
One shouldn't be asking the same question again. If you ask the same question you will get basically the same answer - whether you ask one deck twice or two different decks. In either case, you will most likely get a different perspective on the same answer but they will give you the same answer if you ask the same question.

Tavia

Thanx

Thanx for the feedback zannamarie and slidkerta - I did post the reading in the thread entitled : "Partner's Perspective Reading" and used the 1st set of cards drawn. I shall be going with one set of cards in future and take more time to reflect on the message the cards are trying to convey, rather than quickly do a second reading.

I took a second look at the 2nd set of cards drawn (for the same question and the same spread) - which I have not posted in any thread - and reflected on what you said, zannamarie - that the cards would basically be saying the same thing - and find that I need to reflect a little more on the 2nd set of cards to see where the similarities lie.

Thanx for your feedback.