Soul Card Readings

Umbrae

I had an idea, and thought I would bounce it off you folks first (before I try it).

I was thinking about readings with Soul Cards, and layouts.

1) Have the sitter shuffle until the deck feels right.

2) Have the sitter select however they want, as many cards as they want.

3) Have the sitter arrange the cards into any pattern they want, as long as they name the position before the card is placed.

4) Cards are turned over (face up) one at a time and the reading is provided.

Well, what do you think?

jade

sounds like a great idea :D

i use the soul cards for readings and i love them. i find that the depth is amazing............and i use them both with meanings to the positions and without. depending on the need.

love
jade

SherryZoned

I don't have that deck yet...but...wouldn't the person coming for th reading..be like...OMG I DONT KNOW...i would think you might have to help a little more...

Umbrae

RedWood said:
wouldn't the person coming for th reading..be like...OMG I DONT KNOW...

That's the point!
Let's say you come to me.

I ask, "What do you want to know? As you lay out, between 5-14 cards, tell me the issues concerning your questions..."

So rather than the reading being the old style layout, they determine the layout (as they go).

Sure you or I may and will help them, but ultimately they do the lay out!

I gotta try it...

SherryZoned

Go for it.before i got into to tarot..if someone asked me to lay out the cards i would be like OMG...i would definately want pointers of the layouts and positions...I used to be scared of the cards. what if they dont want to touch them..you just shuffle then they pick out how many?

jade

oh no, my clients love it when i let them touch my cards.........they feel a kinship :D

besides, soul cards are sooo unique and special to look at.........everyone that i pull them out in front of loves them immediately!

love and light,
jade

DarkElectric

Umbrae, I think that's a teriffic idea.
I have the soul cards, both decks. And I feel that approach would work very well, particularly with these cards. Would you mind if I tried your spread idea out on people here? I'd let you know the results. I'm going to be doing soul card readings, as well as tarot at our local Pagan Pride day. I'd like to see what the results would be.

jade

umbrae,

have you tried it out yet? i'ld love to hear how it works.

love
jade

Umbrae

I have not had the opportunity to try this approach yet.

So DarkElectric, go for it!

I'll give it a shot sometime next week.