hello! newbie perplexed by birth chart...

eriador

Hello! I'm new to this forum and astrology in general! I already have an online chart done at astro.com and I am confused to say the least. I have a Capricorn ascendent. For some reason, I have two houses for Capricorn and two for Cancer; does that mean that my houses for Aquarius and Leo are nonexisent or just simply empty? What the heck happened to them?

Yet for some reason, I have my North Node for Aquarius and my South Node in Leo. Which houses should they be? Are my house placements "thrown out of whack" as a result of this? For example, because Saturn in in Capricorn, should it be in the first or twelfth house?

Also, if you examine my chart, there is a Capricorn stellium with no planets in air signs whatsoever. Some major earthy Cappy action going on there...And will this overpower Sagittarius sun sign and attain the serious outlook and ambition later in life that Capricorn is famed for and make me more serious and work-oriented? :/ I feel divided over whether I am truly optimistic or a pessimist at times... And I'm far from being a practical person! In fact, it is quite the opposite. I'm impulsive and impatient and miss things that are right in front of me the whole time. And I'm not ambitious...not in the least! In school, I like to cut corners or procrastinate. And I start projects only to start another one. My focus and determination are lacking. is there an explanation for this depite the strong Cappy influence in my chart?

Because of the lack of air, does this stunt my mental and intellectual aspects in my life? I have problems when it comes to speaking my mind but none when I write it down. I read somewhere that certain aspects can more than make up for this though I didn't get the full details.

Since Cancer is in the house of Relationships, does that mean I take on Cancerian qualities when it comes to relationships, a homebody and rather possessive and jealous? Not to stereotype but I'm confused at what my chart is trying to say... I'm so sorry if I seem so full of questions but I am new in astrology and my chart isn't exactly crystal clear in house cusps and such. And maybe it can shed some light into my personality so hat I can understand it a bit better! So please, can anyone help me with my questions?
achart_t1efilePqtZdg-u1154215110.62596.13424.gif

Planetary positions
planet
Sun Sagittarius 08°24'26
Moon Capricorn 03°35'56
Mercury Sagittarius 19°23'25
Venus Capricorn 23°16'31
Mars Scorpio 17°52'57
Jupiter Cancer 9°09'10
Saturn Capricorn 12°02'51
Uranus Capricorn 03°54'29
Neptune Capricorn 10°53'03
Pluto Scorpio 16°01'43
True Node Aquarius 18°58'39

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Capricorn 24°51'37
2nd House Pisces 10°28'52
3rd House Aries 20°19'11
Imum Coeli Taurus 18°54'03
5th House Gemini 11°07'04
6th House Cancer 01°33'28
Descendant Cancer 24°51'37
8th House Virgo 10°28'52
9th House Libra 20°19'11
Medium Coeli Scorpio 18°54'03
11th House Sagittarius 11°07'04
12th House Capricorn 01°33'28

eriador

Oh, and I forgotn to mention...If there are no planets in a particular house, does that mean that house is not significant then? Okay, NOW I'm done. :)

gorgeousbutterfly

Hi, i see you are new to the board :). its very nice having you here :) this is a very very wonderful board to come to for support and insight.

i wasn't about to post becasue i'm EXTREMELY tired, but when i saw your house postions i was in total shock. you have almost all same planets as i do...

I ALSO have capricorn ascendent. my sun is in leo.

"Ascendant Capricorn 24°51'37
2nd House Pisces 10°28'52
3rd House Aries 20°19'11
Imum Coeli Taurus 18°54'03
5th House Gemini 11°07'04
6th House Cancer 01°33'28
Descendant Cancer 24°51'37
8th House Virgo 10°28'52
9th House Libra 20°19'11
Medium Coeli Scorpio 18°54'03
11th House Sagittarius 11°07'04
12th House Capricorn 01°33'28"

-link to my astrological informationhttp://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?btyp=apx&cid=aqcfileJdKPp2-u1151962378&nhor=2&go.x=19&go.y=5&go=Go
I have every single sign in those houses!!!! the only ones that vary from yours is that i have 12th house sagittarius, and my sixth house is gemini, but cancer in my 6th house ruler so it still hase an effect.

i find this so unbelievably, i don't know how rare it is. i know it doesn't mean were excatly alike because the degrees, and the aspects etc all make a huge difference, but STILL i would MORE THAN love to know more about you to see excatly what aspect is causing what etc. it would be sooooooooooo intresting.

I think the leo in you makes you all exicted about your chart, you go over it all out with passion curiousity, wanting to know more about yourself. maybe i am jumping to conclusions but your post reminds me of things i would normally question. you seem to be asking alot of questions and are activly engadged.

the sign in your north note is what you are here to learn to be more of, and the sign in south node shows qualities that are challenging and prevent you from achieving your real life purpose, which is north node, in your case aquarius. I think you probaly are very very intelligent but the leo fiery energy is holding you back from expressing it. but what that qualitiy you need depends on what house postion it lies in.

eriador

hi! It's great to meet you and hear your insights on my chart! That IS unbelievable how our charts are so similar with the houses and signs!! I don't think this could be common! Although we might not be exactly cosmic twins, the fact that we have almost all the same signs in the same houses instantly grabs my attention! I want to know more about you and see how everything affects us now! Not to mention we both have fire sun signs. ;) That's the thing I love about astrology: it seems like there's always something new to find about myself in my chart that I might not have seen before.

So you have a chart where two signs repeat themselves too? It's so weird because it complicates things a bit! Because I don't know which planet goes where now! And since half my planets are in Capricorn and there are two houses for Cap, I don't know which house they actually goes under, the first or twelfth house. And I have nodes in both Aquarius and Leo when I have no houses for those two signs. @_@

Darn, why couldn't my chart be less complicated? And I just hate the fact that my ascendant is in Capricorn! If I was born, like maybe 15-20 minutes later, I would've had an Aquarian Ascendent! Maybe there's a hope that I have the wrong birth time because I identify with the Aquarian characteristics way more than Capricorn's...It seems so serious, practical, traditional, and ambitious. And I'm not those at all! Like I said earlier, I lack ambition (my mom always had to motivate me in school), hate following rules and regulations, can be optimistic and strange and unpredictable at times. And I have a strong need for fun and excitement although that could be Sagittarius speaking. :) I strongly dislike work on all forms, and if given a choice between working my way up the corporate ladder or go travelling and have adventures around the world, I will definitely pack my bags and head for the nearest airport!

You noticed how my mind tends to come up with new questions at a mile a minute. I was wondering what those nodes were for. Now it makes sense! Your description was pretty accurate! I can be very fiery and when I want to know something, I WANT to know and follow it as far as it can take me! Here's a more functional picture (hopefully!):

birthchart.gif

scorpio

Lemme get this straight, you have venus (beauty, gifts) in the sign of capricorn (gorgeous bone structure, supreme confidence) conjunct your ascendant (image you project) and you want to have an exorcism on your cappy planets that have gifted you with the ability to have concrete achievement in mystical endeavors (12th house), gosh you poor thing! i bet Kate Moss curses her cappy sun everyday lol!

scorpio

You say you need excitement, your cap moon (needs) is conjunct uranus (excitement, rebellion, electrical energy) Complicated chart? Check out your mars/pluto conjuction on the MC, a buttload of planets in the 12th house, and your singleton jupiter in the western hemisphere and you are off to a good start. Lack ambition in school? Not really more like can't sit STILL in school (mars conjunct MC) and mars in scorpo has PLENTY of drive to study and ferret out ALL info on subjects they are passionate about (like the occult), and could care less about the rest.

eriador

hey! thanks for replying to my thread! I guess I was so caught up in the signs that were IN the planets that I didn't give the placements (houses, aspects) full attention. Thanks for putting it all in perspective for me! Yup, I find that there's a definite difference in the energy I put in certain subjects than others. And lately, I've been hooked on astrology and unable to leave the computer/put down astrology books for hours at a time! School frustrates me, and since I'm a restless person, my mind flits from one thing to another. :p I guess cappy planets can be a good thing after all...I just wish I could stop worrying about everything though! lol