It's as if the deck didn't want to shuffle...

sapphir3

Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to hear (um, read) your thoughts on this.

I did a reading earlier today in regards to a person I'm in conflict with to get some insight on how to put an end to the conflict. This person absolutely emits negative energy and I find her to be very oppressive in that sense. Anyway, as I was shuffling and thinking about the question in regards to her I was asking, the cards started sticking and becoming resistent to the shuffle. I have big hands and this is a large sized deck that I've never had troubles shuffling. In fact, I find it rather easy to shuffle...just not this time. The cards kept slipping out of my hands and eventually ended up in a big mess on the table so I stopped and just took it as the cards telling me that was enough they were ready.

The reading offered a lot of insight and was beneficial, but my oh my was the shuffle every a problem!

Apollonia

Yup, I've had this happen in cases where the querent was in emotional turmoil. And sometimes I've noticed the cards practically shuffle themselves, and it goes more easily than usual. For me, the shuffle does seem to reflect what's going on with the querent--difficult shuffle, difficult times, and vice versa.

Grizabella

If I get intent on concentrating on the question and not paying good attention to my shuffling, this will happen to me. I call it a "shtumble" intead of a shuffle. :)

sapphir3

Apollonia said:
Yup, I've had this happen in cases where the querent was in emotional turmoil. And sometimes I've noticed the cards practically shuffle themselves, and it goes more easily than usual. For me, the shuffle does seem to reflect what's going on with the querent--difficult shuffle, difficult times, and vice versa.

That's really interesting because the reading indicated that she's in a state of utter chaos.

sapphir3

Lyric said:
If I get intent on concentrating on the question and not paying good attention to my shuffling, this will happen to me. I call it a "shtumble" intead of a shuffle. :)

Lol, I wish that were my problem! Usually I'm so focused on shuffling it takes a great deal of effort for me to keep the question in mind the way I want to.

Whitestar

Usually when shuffling doesn't feel easy for me, it is because the cards are already in the order they need to be for the reading I'm about to do. No more shuffling required. Once or twice I haven't shuffled AT ALL...the deck was all ready for the reading the way I had left it last time. And yes, they were very accurate readings.

SunChariot

sapphir3 said:
Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to hear (um, read) your thoughts on this.

I did a reading earlier today in regards to a person I'm in conflict with to get some insight on how to put an end to the conflict. This person absolutely emits negative energy and I find her to be very oppressive in that sense. Anyway, as I was shuffling and thinking about the question in regards to her I was asking, the cards started sticking and becoming resistent to the shuffle. I have big hands and this is a large sized deck that I've never had troubles shuffling. In fact, I find it rather easy to shuffle...just not this time. The cards kept slipping out of my hands and eventually ended up in a big mess on the table so I stopped and just took it as the cards telling me that was enough they were ready.

The reading offered a lot of insight and was beneficial, but my oh my was the shuffle every a problem!

Well, I'm glad it went well. I can't say I have ever had that, but if that happened to me I would have taken it as a sign from the universe that either I was not meant to do that reading or I was not meant to use that deck. I would have stopped and tried with another deck. If I still had the same reaction with the second deck, I would have to stop and tell them I could not read for them right now.

Babs

Tara2007

Surely. It happens to me all the time. Cards fall out in large groups or shoot out one by one... and then there are those times that they seem to have a mind of their own and just don't want to shuffle at all.

When a card falls out of the deck before pulling cards for your reading, it is supposed to mean that special attention needs to be paid to it. If that same card shows up in the reading it makes that message all the more powerful.

In the case of a lot of cards falling out at once that means there are so many aspects to this problem that your reading probably won't cover them all. And when there are cards that fall face down, it is supposed to mean that there are hidden elements to this situation, even some dishonesty going on. When you turn over those cards they are supposed to give you some information about the hidden element.

If I have so very many cards fall out that it is impossible to understand them, (more than 3 or 4) I take that as meaning that all the elements of the situation have not come about...there is more to come.