Cards popping out while shuffling?

DawnsLight

I've noticed that when I am doing readings (mostly for myself when I'm doing a daily draw) that at least 1/2 the time, while I am shuffling the deck, one card always falls out and lands on the table or flys out of the deck and lands on the floor.... I seem to lose 1 card from the deck a lot of times when I am shuffling.

I've heard a couple of different things about what that means, but I wanted some opinions from all of you wise people here :) I've heard that it means that is the card I should use as my daily draw..... that it means that particular card didn't feel like showing up in a reading..... that the card is warning me about something....... that I'm just a crappy card shuffler ;)

What do you all think? I usually dont pay attention to what the card was. I just pick it up and put it back in the deck and continue shuffling.

MoonLitCrystal

If there are a lot of cards that pop out, I don't pay attention and chalk it up to me being clumsy. But if just one or two do it, I take note. More times than not I find that these cards show up in the spread anyway! :)

A little while ago, every time I shuffled I would get the Wheel popping out at me. More recently it has been the Hierophant. (I'm talking every singe time I shuffle.) So yes, I am thinking these over carefully, such as what they could mean in my life right now.

Razordance

I tend to do things the same way. If it's one or two, I pay attention, any more and it's my clumsy hands. I have certain decks that tend to do it more than others, and at times, if I'm going to draw a single card from one of those decks, I'll just shuffle until one does fall out.

Elven

I take notice of dropped cards, and as soon as they drop I quickly grasp what I was thinking about at the time the card fell out - the old mind can wander sometimes, but the dropped card relates to what I was thinking at the time - even if it was a side-aspect of the question :p I put the card back in the deck and shuffle again, and sometimes include them in the main reading if they were relevant to the question :p

Blessings
Elven x

Phoenix Rising

there is an old saying "What falls on the floor, comes to the door"

SunChariot

DawnsLight said:
I've noticed that when I am doing readings (mostly for myself when I'm doing a daily draw) that at least 1/2 the time, while I am shuffling the deck, one card always falls out and lands on the table or flys out of the deck and lands on the floor.... I seem to lose 1 card from the deck a lot of times when I am shuffling.

I've heard a couple of different things about what that means, but I wanted some opinions from all of you wise people here :) I've heard that it means that is the card I should use as my daily draw..... that it means that particular card didn't feel like showing up in a reading..... that the card is warning me about something....... that I'm just a crappy card shuffler ;)

What do you all think? I usually dont pay attention to what the card was. I just pick it up and put it back in the deck and continue shuffling.

Actually, the way I do it, it means none of the above, and certainly not that you are a crappy shuffler. LOL Everthing in Tarot, as in life, happens for a reason and has meaning.

I call those cards "flipped cards"m as they just flip out of the deck while shuffling. I think most people hear call them "jumpers".

To me they indicate a very important message and part of your reading that the universe really wants you to see, accept and assimilate into your life. The cards that flip/jump out at you are trying extra hard to get your attention. It's like "Look at me! I'm right over here! and I have something I really need to tell you."

What I do when I get one is take it and put it aside on the table where I am working, then to the reading. Once the reading is done, I look at any flipped cards as an addition to the reading, adding in additional and vital information that the universe wants me to have on the issue of the reading.

Oh yes, I should mention that I only look at flipped cards if one of two fall out. If half the deck fell on the floor...that would not be worth considering as it would be like a 5 month reading for me. LOL

Babs

memries

Oh I am so happy when I get a card that does that. It is like I don't have to make the decision, it is made for me. I have never had one yet that is not apropos to the reading.

Silver_Skye

I to consider it as a message. I take the card and set it aside usually until the reading is complete, then I look at the cards I set aside and incorporate them in.

I don't do it with more than 2 or 3 cards either... I think if half the deck falling out means anything it's that you lost your grip for a second. ^_^ (I do lose a large portion of the deck on a fairly regular basis... lol)

SunChariot

Me too, I look forward to flipped cards. They add insight. Sometimes, I purposely shuffle extra quickly, hoping to create some. :grin:

Babs

DawnsLight

Thanks for all the replies! I guess I will start paying attention to cards that flip out on me from now on. :)