Sabian Symbols Study Group: Scorpio 29 - #239

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: SCORPIO
Degree: 29
Number: 239

Symbol: AN INDIAN WOMAN PLEADING TO THE CHIEF FOR THE LIVES OF HER CHILDREN.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 238.jpg
    238.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 314

MCsea

SO often we forget to ask - we forget to ask and reason and beg and hope we often just expect....

Sabian Symbol: An Indian 'woman' pleading to the chief for the lives of her children
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Effectiveness
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Vomer
Crystal Element: Nephrite Jade (Actinolite)
Expression: Nephrite is one of the traditional jade minerals. Nephrite brings luck in negotiations and transactions, love, and a long and prosperous life.
Sun Focus: You find it hard to ask for things that are close to your heart; love yourself as you love others.
Affirmation: I create a life that fulfils me.

purple_scorp

Hey Marina,

how interesting, on my desk right at this minute is a book called "The Four Agreements" written by

He says that there are four agreements that we should live our life by. They are:

1.Be Impeccable with your word - speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opionions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions - Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always do your best - Your best is going to change from moment to moment, it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse, and regret.

Now, I'm not quite sure why I'm telling you this....something you said just triggered this book off in my mind.

I drew this card (I may have discussed it offline with tink). I drew it at a time when my other half (The Rabbi) was having difficulty seeing his children (as his ex-wife had been concocting all kinds of stories to stop it). I feel she is the indian squaw trying to come up with reasons why the children should do as she wants and not what is necessarily good for them.

Is this indian squaw in this symbol acting out of selfishness?

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp said:
Hey Marina,

how interesting, on my desk right at this minute is a book called "The Four Agreements" written by

He says that there are four agreements that we should live our life by. They are:

1.Be Impeccable with your word - speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opionions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions - Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always do your best - Your best is going to change from moment to moment, it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse, and regret.

Now, I'm not quite sure why I'm telling you this....something you said just triggered this book off in my mind.

I drew this card (I may have discussed it offline with tink). I drew it at a time when my other half (The Rabbi) was having difficulty seeing his children (as his ex-wife had been concocting all kinds of stories to stop it). I feel she is the indian 'woman' trying to come up with reasons why the children should do as she wants and not what is necessarily good for them.

Is this indian 'woman' in this symbol acting out of selfishness?

with love
purple_scorp

I LOVE The Four Agreements!!!
Lets go for lesson 2 and 3 first - should we judge this person? is it her divine right to 'do' her path... IF it impacts on us - then should we do 3 (ask questions) and 4 DO OUR BEST?
What if she is learning HER sould promise by giving voice to herself (crudely possibly but we dont know...)

It is not 'fair' stamps foot - nothing SEEMS fair from our perspective thats why we have the 4 agreements so we can gain some eternal perspective?
(many lives many masters book shouts here too)

Oh the web of life.....

I hope things are BETTER for the CHILDREN at this point in time..
AND for you!

MARINA

purple_scorp

Hey Marina,

interesting isn't it? The Four Agreements.

Speaking of 2 & 3 - I suffer from both of these and am currently trying to eradicate them from my life.

I think they are connected with number 4, for me, in that, I always try to be my best and when an event occurs, I do take it personally because - at some level - I wonder what my part was in that event. Can I fix it? Can I improve mysElf? Did I contribute to it?

Taking things personally could be said to be quite a selfish act/belief. Why would I think everything has to do with me? Why can't I accept that some things are out of my control and may have nothing to do with me?

I feel like it's a circle....

My assumptions also get me into trouble. I wonder if, this is partially to do with my intuition.....most of the time I am right about a gut feeling....but I have been wrong too.

The Indian Squaw in my example - who knows what her journey is? For me to speculate is making a judgement and, I don't really want to do that. I've only met her once and....well, it is nothing to do with me.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp said:
Hey Marina,

interesting isn't it? The Four Agreements.

Speaking of 2 & 3 - I suffer from both of these and am currently trying to eradicate them from my life.

I think they are connected with number 4, for me, in that, I always try to be my best and when an event occurs, I do take it personally because - at some level - I wonder what my part was in that event. Can I fix it? Can I improve mysElf? Did I contribute to it?

Taking things personally could be said to be quite a selfish act/belief. Why would I think everything has to do with me? Why can't I accept that some things are out of my control and may have nothing to do with me?

I

I think things ARE personal but how to 'judge' that without ALL the information - well its not even judging its involvement? hmm

You have awesome intuition so you KNOW it has to do with you and your path - but to let it go, not be involved, not change the situation and not judge is a way to move forward...

I recently had a healing where the above was the main point

I helped a family through a really difficult loss and I suffered too - so much I needed healing, the healer said maybe it was not my place to help... or if I had not helped they might have gotten through it faster - easier - or the way they were supposed to Karmically - GOSH I thought.. so now I take a step back - and pray for divine guidence of course I still help but I dont burden myself with 'but I know best' or such thoughts...
I am grateful I DID help them - and they are too - thats not the point I think the healing was THE lesson -
gee am I making sense at all??

;)

purple_scorp

Yup,

it makes sense. A very good male friend that I met through ATF said to me over a year ago....."you can't help all of the wounded birds".

Have thought about can't but not about shouldn't!

I know everybody has their own journey - their own healing. It's sometimes difficult to sit by and watch others struggle. But, that's their journey!

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp said:
Yup,

it makes sense. A very good male friend that I met through ATF said to me over a year ago....."you can't help all of the wounded birds".

Have thought about can't but not about shouldn't!

I know everybody has their own journey - their own healing. It's sometimes difficult to sit by and watch others struggle. But, that's their journey!

with love
purple_scorp

Thats interesting - how you said that- cause I think thats (what you said above) is what uncondition love is - what 'God' is and how the divine beings - angels look at 'us' they find it difficult to watch - the try and give us signs but they know its our journey....

You just might be transforming into a divine being purple_scorp!!

FOr me it was a release - I dont have to be responsible.. that was the freeing thing for me - even though things still affect me in this situation.. IM 'free'...

:)