PDA

View Full Version : Charging A Crystal

Brion
21-08-2006, 17:14
Okay, here is what I am trying to do...

My friend was attacked by a demon that came through when I was summoning a light being. Long story short, I was driving her home and it attacked her. I was naive at the time and unable to shield her from it. I was thinking of creating a barrier for her in the form of a crystal. I am extremely gifted and well endowed with a ton of energy, and I am able to easily put up barriers around myself now...

Here is what I want to do, I want to use my own energy and send it into the crystal. Once it is fully charged, I would like to give it to sed person so that at will she could put up a barrier. Kind of like storing the energy for a barrier within a crystal.

What I need to know is, what types of crystals are able to hold a lot of energy? I deal in earth energy, but my main ability deals in creating light and white light energy. I can also do energy conversions. What type of crystal would you suggest that can hold a lot of energy?

Edit: Also, being an Aquapath, I was wondering if any crystals reacted well to water or went with water. Any elemental crystals that deal with water?

Edit: (Sorry, I have so many questions.) Is there a type of crystal that is used to trap evil entities within the crystal?

chrisam-crystals
21-08-2006, 18:44
send her to someone who knows what they are doing with spirit from the lesser planes.

if you were the one who summoned it when you were supposed to be summoning a higher being, then you obviously were doing something MAJORLY wrong - i have never heard of anything like that happening and can't understand how it did.

to try and do something else to rectify the problem doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all - find someone with more experience.

apologies if i sound harsh, but you and your friend can't afford to play about when dealing with spirit and you have both found that out the harshest way possible.

jue xx

The Hanged Man
21-08-2006, 18:51
Hi Brion,

Do not charge a crystal with your own energy to pass onto another. This would be to imbue the gem with your own energies, both good and bad. All of us contain negativity and spiritual shortcomings that we have a long, long way to go before we amend, so we cannot charge stones with our own energies as that would be to contaminate them unwittingly with our own souls, our minds, our lives.

If you are seeking to charge a stone with energy, then act as the channel of that energy and not the source. You need to call upon the Highest, and channel that energy through you and out of you into the crystal, so while charging the crystal you are also charging yourself, and then all benefit.

You could charge a crystal in any of the ways I told you about cleansing them, the difference in the magickal effect, is the nature of the intent.

I told you about cleansing gems by drawing the old energies through your passive hand, channeling those energies through your heart centre and projecting those washed energies back to the divine through your active hand. This method can be used the other way round to charge a gem rather than cleanse it. Raise your passive hand to the sky, the Sun, press it against a tree or the Earth, and ask for the Highest (or a particular deity or being) to use you as a channel for love, and bring this energy down through your passive arm, allow the energy to swell in your heart centre, before conducting it via you dominant hand and into the crystals.

It is important in energy work, whether it be healing, Reiki or whatever, that you must act as the channel for the energy, to ensure that energy is pure as can be, not to act as the source of the energy, for none of us are pure enough for such things.

Brion
21-08-2006, 18:54
Chrisam, thanks for your concern. And my friend was attacked, and a few nights later, I destroyed this being, The Shadow Man, who called himself "Charlie". He was obliterated and destroyed, with good reason. He was getting stronger and stronger every night, he could even follow me in the daytime, sucking my energy and making himself stronger. I have a feeling, though he taunted me about it, that this thing could actually physcially bite me. Long story short, he is gone, and there is nothing, at the moment, to worry about. I am just saying in general, my friend, it runs in her family. They are highly sensitive to sensing stuff, and she can only give off energy, she doesn't know how to take it in, meaning she cannot learn to shield herself. I figure if I charge a crystal with my energy and teach her how to form a barrier with that and such, it would work well in protecting her should be come accross some negetive being.

EDIT: Thanks the hanged man. I didn't actually mean come from me but rather through me. At a young age I was taught how to convert energy, and I meant enfusing it with light energy, which I can easily create from nature. I am excellent at gathering energy too so this should world rather well. I was just wondering what crystal I should use to charge. Is there one that holds more than others?

Sophie
21-08-2006, 19:13
Pure clear quartz. Acts as an enhancer, holds all energy, and leaks very little. But because of that you must know what you are doing, and only channel into it the most positive and loving of energies.

It also purifies and cleanses other crystals.

If you only want a shield against negative energy, then one of the black stones - black tourmaline, onyx, hematite or obsidian - could help. My personal favourite is black tourmaline cluster crystal, but obsidian is a good grounder and shielder too. Hematite I tend to use only for physical stuff - it can be a touch too grounding! - and onyx I don't really work with, though some people rate it highly.

The Hanged Man
21-08-2006, 19:15
Clear Quartz.

The Hanged Man
21-08-2006, 19:16
Happens to me nearly every time!!! Helvetica posted as I was typing, but yes, clear quartz would be my prime candidate for this purpose.

Sophie
21-08-2006, 19:18
LOL, I was thinking the same, Hanged Man! Great minds... ;)