false teeth, lateral thinking and tarot

shadowdancer

I was in a chemist shop today looking to find something to help my partner not snore at night. I have had a few nights in the spare room it has been that bad and was at my wits end. (Have you noticed how the person who snores always falls asleep first??!!)

Anyway, I was having a good mooch round and came across a tiny plastic hinged lid box. Perfect size for my mini deck I take travelling, but one which the box has taken a bit of a battering in the rucksack. Having said that it has been round the world and seen 9 countries and is hanging on in there.

I was so pleased with myself, and then looked at the price label etc underneath to find it is a dentures box :) No wonder the pharmacist gave me a strange look when he cashed it up. Ironically (and this is the gospel truth) my next stop was the dentist for a check up :) With relief I had just the brush and clean and no treatment, but how ironic and what timing.

Recommended box though folks :)

Davina

chrisam-crystals

oh i have the perfect cure for fellas that snore........SEPERATE HOUSES! :D

and rofl at buying a box for false teeth.......lol

Citrin

Now, that's what I call creativity. :D

shelikes2read

Citrin said:
Now, that's what I call creativity. :D

Agreed. I'd even call it, "thinking outside the box". :D

:ducks flying tomatoes ;):

shadowdancer

there is good news too..

the stuff I bought for my boyfriend to stop the snoring has helped no end! A liquid he has to spray onto his throat which he hates the taste of but it does stop the bedroom reverberating throughout the night

:D

shelikes2read

I'm glad to hear that the anti-snoring measures worked!

If the problem recurs, my suggestion is for him to see his doctor for a sleep apnea test. That's what my husband had, and when less-invasive solutions failed, he had surgery to correct the problem. That was very helpful.

FWIW, once he was diagnosed with sleep apnea, I looked it up online. It can cause such serious, even life-threatening medical problems, I insisted he have it treated. At that point the snoring, deafening as it was, became the LEAST important of the reasons that I wanted him to get treatment.

Keep an eye on your partner, and if you recognize sleep apnea symptoms, insist on having a doctor check them over. And don't take "no" for an answer.