PDA

View Full Version : geographical member search........

tinkerbell
23-08-2006, 01:39
Hiya techies (!)
I've just been over to new members and noticed that in Patmans thread he asks at the end of his post:
" by the way, is it possible to do a geographical members search?"
I thought this was a completely brilliant idea! Is there any chance that this may be a possibility in the future?
It'd be great to click a few buttons and find out how many AT members were accessible within a certain radius for meet ups etc!!!
Yours wonderingly,
Tinkerbell x

Knight of Wands
23-08-2006, 02:42
I'm not sure, but I doubt this would work.

We put write our location, and we can put whatever we want in that box. For example, mine is 'In my Fairytale Kingdom' and so therefore the computer would search for others who live in a fairytale kingdom.

Also, many people just put their country, which doesn't really help for meet ups etc

Alta
23-08-2006, 03:27
Sorry, agreed. Members would need to actually give their locations, and relatively few do that.

I must admit it is a nice thought though.

raeanne
23-08-2006, 04:06
Hi all,
Maybe, instead, we could start a 'Meetings' group where people who want to could start a thread with their location and ask for other in that area to post to that thread. So, there could be a Chicago area thread, a Paris area thread, a London area thread, a Sydney area thread, ect. That way, it would be strictly volunteer and people wouldn't necessarily have to give their exact location but general geographical area. It could also be used to post information about any 'get-together' going on in that area. Sounds 'doable' to me.

Knight of Wands
23-08-2006, 05:09
Raeanne there is a whole forum for that ;)

Baroli
24-08-2006, 00:51
I'm not sure, but I doubt this would work.

We put write our location, and we can put whatever we want in that box. For example, mine is 'In my Fairytale Kingdom' and so therefore the computer would search for others who live in a fairytale kingdom.

Also, many people just put their country, which doesn't really help for meet ups etc

Dear Heart,

Only you have a charter membership in the fairytale kingdom. We visit quite often though, tee hee.

Baroli

raeanne
24-08-2006, 02:42
Raeanne there is a whole forum for that ;)
What forum are you talking about? Is it for members only?

Alta
24-08-2006, 05:35
Tarot Meetings & Confernces

http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=93

It is right below Reading Exchange. It is an 'open to all' Forum.

M

raeanne
25-08-2006, 06:22
Marion,
THANKS! Guess I just completely overlooked that message board!