Sorry.....No Sale

GlenM

So I went to a psychic fair this past weekend. I looked around and stopped by a vendor that had some books layed out and some tarot cards for sale. Lo and behold she had the Gill tarot for sale that I've been thinking about getting for a while. So I grab the box, peek inside and notice that the cards were not wrapped in cellophane. I pulled the cards halfway out but paused to ask the lady if I could take a look at them. After hemming and hawing she finally said "No, you better not because you'll transfer your energy to them." I looked at her and said "Ok, I guess some people feel that way."

Now I understand that some people fall in line with the 'no touchy' energy transfer model and I see nothing wrong with cleansing your cards from time to time but I thought that was kind of lame. LOL, The cards had obviously allready been rifled through by someone and I'm sure that if someone bought that deck and held to the energy transfer model, they would just cleanse them and be done with it. They were allready opened and she wanted full retail. Not a very good business practice if you ask me but hey, it's her business and she can do as she sees fit.

Sorry lady...........No Sale

Glen

Vetch

This is so bullsh!t! Oh the energies! Oh the vibes! Argh.

I can't stand those kinda people. I so enjoy staying away from them! Pathetic.

Shaymus

Sounds fishy to me. I wonder if a card or two were missing, or damaged. If it isn't wrapped properly, it should be listed as a used deck, in my opinion. I would have had her count them out for me, surely she had handled them before.

Shaymus

memries

I went to our big Indigo book store here and asked the fellow, "What if I don't like the cards ? He said, "You can bring them back or you can open them here if you would like to !!!" I thought that was very fair so I bought the deck and kept it sight unseen except for the box.

When I go into a small store I always ask can I bring it back and if they say, yes, I say can I get my money back ? If they say no, but we will give you a credit, then I decide if I want to deal with them or not.

It depends on their attitude, if it is not nice then I spend my money elsewhere. If they are very nice then I shop. I never bring much back, ever, but I like to shop where they are nice only.

Alissa

Imagine a car salesman telling you the same... "Sorry, you can't test drive it. You might leave your energy on the car, and then it won't work for someone else who might buy it after you look at it."

And I agree, her behavior sounds fishy.

Little Baron

In the past, I have always gone through the lot to make sure they are all there and are in good enough condition to work with.

Everywhere is different. I went to Mysteries recently and the woman that works on the tarot section let me look through many sample packs. Infact, we had them out on the table looking through different ones and chatting for a good hour. It's lovely talking to other tarot enthusiasts in person.

Watkins in London has a sample pack of a good 60% of it's decks on the shelves, which makes choosing a lot easier.

LB

Fulgour

People are so Cute & Sweet! I love 'em!

I was in a shop where every deck was opened
and I asked nicely if they'd enjoyed looking...
Oh no, they said, customers need to see them
before buying. Uh duh, nobody had bought! :p