Happy Tower feedback.

Elven

Just some reflections on the Tower :)

I havent spoken to a dear friend of mine for a while, a few months. After years of watching his life fall apart, no matter what was said, or pointed out to him, I had to walk away for my own sanity, and let him do whatever it was he needed to do. No harsh words or goodbyes, just space and time, smiles and a deep fondness from the heart that what ever he decided to do from that point onwards, he would always have my friendship and love.

Not long before our last meeting, he asked me to do a reading for him :bugeyed: I did, and amongst some cards related to moving and Love, there was also a Tower card. I told him that what was old and worn in his life would be scattered to the wind, there was a 'breakdown' of sorts, and great upheaval and change about to enter his life. The cards following were well aspected and I assured him that whatever happened , he would come through it (as we all do). He nodded much through the reading and seemed to understand, though his eyes said more than he revealed - he seemed scared and ready to try to take more control of his uncontrolable life.

Since then we hadnt spoken much at all, and I had decided not to take any calls from him, ven though he had tried to ring.

This evening I picked up the phone thinking it was a girlfriend I was waiting on a call from - it wasnt - it was my friend. He had been in rehab since we last spoke, and come through shining. For the first time in his life was totally dependant free - no alcohol, no cigarettes, no illicits! (he had given up alcohol 8 years ago, cigarettes 2 years ago, and his recent rehab was a total detox - he has never gone back once quit) He finally went into a programme, stayed, did everything he had to, and came through the other end - this time feeling a little anxiuos, but calmer than I had ever heard him before. He had done that a month ago.

We talked on the phone for 2 and a half hours, not once did he forget what he was saying, change the subject, go to the 'bathroom', hang-up on me, fall asleep, yell, drop the phone, watch TV ... we talked!
He said that he felt like a tonne of weight had slid from him, he felt frightened but that was a good feeling, he felt strong, and as if he had finally closed the door to another life, on another person. He felt, and he just wanted to tell me - because he had let the 'Tower' fall, and that it was the best thing that ever happened to him in his life - that it didnt hurt half as much as he thought it would, it wasnt half as bad as he expected and he 'knew' the moment the 'Tower' collapsed around him - and he is so greatful and relieved it did.

He sounded so different - I could hardly believe I was speaking to the same person - calm, collected, relaxed, humerous - I could hear it, and I could feel it - this was the last thing he had to hand over, and he did it, and he has had space to see where he was with it, but hasnt looked back since his Tower fell.

He was happy, and was looking forward to tomorrow. He has not much energy, but he felt healthhier and clearer - the didnt feel trapped in the 'Tower' anymore, he felt free.

The Happiest Tower feedback story I have heard in a long time.

Just wanted to share an aspect of the Tower with you all :)

Blessings
Elven x

Alissa

This is a great Tower story... good stuff Elven! You really did a great reading for your friend... some of the most important work readers can do is to help support the efforts of others. Wonderful wonderful wonderful!!!

RubyRuby

What a GREAT story. I'm glad it worked out for him.

"he would always have my friendship and love"

That makes you a great friend.

Elven

Thankyou Alissa :)
This was a huge 'Tower' - he had built a massive scarey impenertrable structure around himself and his life - it even makes my knees wobble to think of what this Tower must have felt like to bring down :bugeyed:

I understand we all have our Towers - different sizes, different strengths, sometimes we reside and maintain more than one at a time - but to see whats behind those walls and to know the person walked out 'alive' and well - makes me feel its purpose and worth. And as for myself, it restores my faith of unconditional love, and reinforces my admiration of the strength of the human mind and heart.

Because he was close to me, I feel blessed to know him, and for him to even recognize the Tower after the fall - for someone who thinks Tarot is 'funny' - LOL!! my heart is singing and I am really humbled.

Blessings
Elven x

starrystarrynight

Thank you, Elven. That broadens my Tower views in ways you cannot know; in fact, in a very similar reading I did for a very similar friend in a like situation. Wow. I am so glad you shared this.

Elven

Hi RubyRuby :)

Well funny about the 'great friend' as I didnt feel like I was one for him, and I told him so, and explained why we had to severe contact for a time, but he thanked me - 'thanked me!! LOL!! Its been a long time since I heard him say something nice to anyone - but he reminded me that without the space, he would have just kept talking to me about it - it felt like he 'was' doing it when he talked. When I was not there to talk to - he realized - it was action he needed not talk ... so the break gave him the space to fail or succeed - either way - he could do it in private. Im so proud of him, and he was very 'proud' of himself too - even though he didnt say that - I could hear it - he was not so much giving himself a pat on the back, but more like a big cuddle.
Im totally blown away! Its almost a Tower moment for me - maybe Im feeling the after tremors! LOL!

Blessings
Elven x

Elven

Hi starrystarrynight :)

Yes, I think too that sometimes I forget all the aspects of the Tower - the card portrays the impact, and it can be interpreted in a 'clouded' manner - destruction, collapse, bringing the house down ... often what I dont see in the Tower is the 'after the dust settles' and the relief in the eyes of the person - though he did have well aspected cards afterwards.

We watch people go through their Tower moment, and sometimes they come out unscathed and other times, the Tower is like dominos - and it seems Tower after Tower starts to fall - the earth is caving in for them, and you never know if it is the beginning of the Tower or the end of the Tower time. Most people run for their lives :)

I think his ability to face the Tower fall and his release of fear of the moment let the Tower fall completely - he hasnt held on to a piece of it, it forced the move. The clean-up is going well - so to speak ;)

Im sure you may have had a similar experience with watching your friend go through this too. I hope everything is well for them now.

Many Blessings
Elven x

Sulis

Thanks for sharing Elven - so glad that your friend is now on the other side of his crumbling tower.

I recently did a reading for someone and The Tower came up and it really made me realise that we really do build our own towers. There is no door in The Tower so it's almost as if the bricks have been laid from the inside - before we know it, we can't get out.
What a relief when the lightning finally strikes and allows us to fall back down to Earth.

In my experience, The Tower is usually a card to be welcomed - it signifies freedom :)

Alissa

I was thinking more on how this just resonates with one message I was given regarding the Tower: that which is built on love and compassion will remain after the Tower falls. Very very cool....

purple_scorp

Dear Elven,

((((((((((Elven and friend))))))))))

Wow, oh wow! I know how hard this journey has been for you. I know how hard it has been for you to turn your back, leaving love behind, and distance yoursElf from your friend, and your feelings. You put huge amounts of effort and energy into that friendship with very little return. Life is often a lonely journey and one that often brings no rewards.

Elven, you are one heck of an amazing soul. I know that you never gave up. You have truly inspired me to remain hopeful in my own situation. Coincidentally, a couple of days ago, I purchased a keychain supporting the Cancer/Daffodil Day fund. On one side the metal round disk says Daffodil Day, and on the other - it says Hope. And so, we soldier on.

I know you've questioned your actions time and time again, agonising over whether you did the right thing, but you had to remain true to yoursElf and have faith that the Magical Universe was supporting you.

What a beautiful and powerful message to your soul, that your work here on earth is having an effect.

I'm so happy for you.

with love
purple_scorp