Pents & Swords everywhere!!!!

ms. creant

OK....so....like 90% of my readings for myself include a Pentacle or Sword.....quite often both........Majors are the next most drawn followed by Cups and poor little Wands are trailing. (I use the Egyptian Tarot published by Lo Scarabeo, drawn by Silvana Alasia)

I can certainly see how I am Pentacles/Earth..... but I thought myself more Wands/Fire than Swords/Air. First impression is Air and Earth react together, meaning one always moves the other unless everything is completely at peace, (let me know when THAT happens! LOL), so it indicates symbiosis and a yin/yang kinda mindset which makes sense knowing me.

I would love to hear your ideas.

Sophie

I would say that it suggests your worlview is overwhelmingly mental/sensual and practical rather than emotional/instinctive. You think before you do, and then you manifest your ideas in the world. You have a detached viewpoint but are also someone fairly sensual. It is a good balance, though you might need to bring in some emotional intelligence and some fire in your life. Too much air and earth can dry the earth and lead to a desert. You need some water and sunshine to make anything grow.

In terms of implements (as opposed to elements), swords say you have discrimination and good judgement, while pentacles say you like exchange and are trustworthy.

ms. creant

Interesting....I agree with your asessment except for one thing, I am nearly intuition personified, my "flashes" are so common and "correct" my friends and family aren't even phased anymore.

That's what had me wondering from the start.

Thanks!

MercyMe

Swords are VERY mentally acute and perceptive. They not only allow us to see but also understand what we see as well as communicate what we are seeing.

The cups I associate with intuition, too, but on a more empathic level, feeling and knowing. Swords I associate with psychic knowing that happens more in your head.

Sophie

ms. creant said:
Interesting....I agree with your asessment except for one thing, I am nearly intuition personified, my "flashes" are so common and "correct" my friends and family aren't even phased anymore.
I don't think I mentioned intuition at all - which is a part of the mind, and well in line with swords and your fine mental powers! (I talked about emotions and instinct, which are different from intuition in a psychic sense - Mercy Me put it very well: cups intuition is more empathetic, and wands are more instinctive).

The swords/pentacles combination makes perfect sense to explain good intuitive flashes, because of the mix of your mental and sense-based perceptions.

ms. creant

Thanks to all! I have learned quite a bit more then I set out to - yeah!!!!!

tarotcardrose

Also

The pent may represent you. But the swords may be other energies you will entertwine with, perhaps anothers. For instance I am a cup (pisces) and many of the people around me were negative lately, I kept getting cups and swords. Whenever a major arcana comes up it represents not only life changes but those thrust by destiny. Especially the Heirophant, Wheel of Fortune, etc. I always take swords as strife, expect the six which is escape from strife. Wands are the beginning of an enterprise, where pentacles are the fruition. You for the time may be passed the wand. The swords are last minute mental reviews. You set fate into motion. Now here it is......the swords are your thought processing all of this. Preparing your path for what is to come. If you get the five of swords, you are thinking about what has passed.

SunChariot

If you're getting mainly Swords and Penticles, the cards could be telling you it is time for you to stop and think about either where you are headed in your career, OR think about your body in some way, how you are treating it, how you have been feeling lately....and what to do about these issues.

Babs

ms. creant

SunChariot said:
If you're getting mainly Swords and Penticles, the cards could be telling you it is time for you to stop and think about either where you are headed in your career, OR think about your body in some way, how you are treating it, how you have been feeling lately....and what to do about these issues.

Babs

VERY internesting with what's going on..perio-menopause for one!!!!LOL

SunChariot

ms. creant said:
VERY internesting with what's going on..perio-menopause for one!!!!LOL
You too huh??? I'm 50 over here and having some of that myself lately. LOL

Babs