Have a question...regarding the reading of this boyfriend "story" here..

lilwinky

Why is it that everybody seems to have a difference of what they "read" in her cards, regarding the boyfriend who lied....are there many ways to see what she has in her hand, or is it that some people are still learning the "meaning and translation" of the cards?

I was a little confused...so I just wanted for somebody to explain this to me...

I have also wondered along with this,,,using your guts, along with the the actual meaning of the cards.wouldn't that be just as good?

FOr example, I use a intuitive gut feeling that I get from cards that are drawn...another really good example that I can share...would be, I was asking the cards. would it be okay to do a binding spell on a certain individual that has evil plans for a member of his family? The cards I drew,kept coming at me with a lot of vileness and negativity ,skeletons and the death card...I did this reading like three to four times,and each time, the cards were the skeleton and the death card and some other negative ones as well, so I thought, better not...(and I didn't!) because this person is such a vile person...I didn't want anything to come back to me,and or people in the family..and also I knew I should not do something like that...it's aint cool!

But, each time...for about three or four different times that I read the cards...the most negative cards came out....so can the intuitive side play a huge role, instead of knowing what the "cards meanings are"...from the book?

Thank you,

lilwinky

JennyM

lilwinky said:
Why is it that everybody seems to have a difference of what they "read" in her cards, regarding the boyfriend who lied....

I based my interpretation on three things:

1. Her gut feeling
2. His lying
3. The cards

If she hadn't caught him in a lie, didn't have a gut feeling..then my interpretation would have been different.

Disa

lilwinky said:
I have also wondered along with this,,,using your guts, along with the the actual meaning of the cards.wouldn't that be just as good?

But, each time...for about three or four different times that I read the cards...the most negative cards came out....so can the intuitive side play a huge role, instead of knowing what the "cards meanings are"...from the book?

Thank you,

lilwinky

Well, I'm no expert in the tarot, but I do know that if you learn the meanings of the death card you would not think it vile and negative. The meanings do work better when used along with your intuition.

TC,

Disa

Grizabella

I think it's a combination of several things. Knowledge of the cards, intuition, experience with reading, life experience, honesty, compassion, tact, diplomacy and the input of the querent's relating of the situation have a whole lot to do with how I read them. I think it takes all of that to make a good reading.

I think what you're asking is why some of the people who responded seemed to differ from others. Maybe the ones who differed from the general consensus will see this and respond.

WalesWoman

:| Mine was the out of the ball park one... I don't know why I saw it the way I did... something just didn't seem right and then my imagination took hold and created a whole scenario that just kept going completely out of proportion to what might actually be going on.

It could be just how I am, a mountain maker of molehills... and have crawled back under my rock in chagrin.

After some more information was given... I could see these cards in a whole new light... so I think just blindly reading without seeing the actual cards and not getting "instant" feedback on impressions or able to ask questions about what they might mean, will make a huge difference.

It was a good reminder of reader fallibility... and not to take myself too seriously.

Sophie

The trouble with depending on someone else's gut feeling when we are reading their cards - especially someone we don't know - is that we don't have the elements to decide whether it's true gut feeling or something else - like insecurity, prejudice, wishful thinking, etc. It's not our gut feeling. Even with our own gut feeling we can get it wrong sometimes because of the above elements creeping in. So personally, I eliminate other people's gut feelings - unless I know them very well - and go with the cards and my life experience combined - and with the latter, I try and be aware of my own prejudices, wishful thinking, etc.

I'm also something of an Ockham Razorist. The simple explanation is often the best. In the case of this boyfriend who lied, he'd been round to his mate for dinner and drinks and to spill his heart out about his girlfriend. The real question then would be - why would he feel the need to lie about that? And that could be the subject of another reading, which would delve more deeply into the relationship and the psyche of the person.

I've know men lie to their wives or girlfriends about going to the pub because the women couldn't stand their men not being with them straight after work - so the men lie as a form of self-defence against neediness. The immediate reaction that such a lie means "infidelity" just shows how suspicious, needy and possessive we women can be, that even normally positive cards in combination with each other will elicit such a negative reading. It shows how our prejudices can influence our reading of the cards. To me, this episode is a very strong argument against purely intuitive readings, without any esoteric knowledge and study.

lilwinky

Thanks for the different thoughts here....

regarding intuitively reading cards and or not to...

I may have read the cards wrong...on mine..but, I think that it really was the right thing NOT to cast a spell on "said" person....(this is what the cards seem to keep "telling" me..in regards to this horribly vile man that I would have naively had to deal with..the truth is, that I have stayed over-night in the same home as he and his family...but, that does NOT mean that I necessarily "know" this person..and he could really hurt me, or somebody else in my family...if I put a binding on him...sooo not coool,and like I have said...I know Way better than to play with matches!
I'd really rather not get burned!

The cards said what they said...and they REALLY spoke strongly to me!!!!

lilwinky

Sophie

Yes, you were right, lilwinky ;)

But those cards were overwhelmingly giving a negative message - I don't think it was only your gut feeling involved. The Death card often means - let go. Which is just as well, as binding spells bind you as well - and do you really want to be bound to such a person???

lilwinky

well, I didn't want to bind myself to him ,more like..

I just wanted him , to leave certain others alone..with his other family members...(he is married to my hubby's sister...) he is NOT a nice person..he is a very selfish , sick and greedy man...I just wanted to get him to "Go away" from all of us! (but, I luckily, do not have to worry!! He is thankfully away from my hubby and I...but, unfortunately not for my hubby's sister...who I think would like to see him leave her! But, ya can't have everything!

lilwinky