I feel like i need a long break from tarot :(

gorgeousbutterfly

i feel guilty for saying this :(. i also don't want to leave you all i would miss you too much. i think i will still post of course! but just not so much on tarot. i will probaly start posting alot on the spirtuality boards. i am also CRAVING really badling to get a really nice french playing cards and start doing to a little. i am wanting excat meanings that are very intelliectual instead of just mostly intuition. i dunno why all of a sudden?!

Zephyros

You need not feel guitly about anything. I feel that with Tarot, as with many other things in our lives, we go through changes and cycles. Today you may feel the need to read, but tomorrow you may feel that you wish to do something else. there is nothing wrong with that, and there is no "big deal" about it. for example, if you really like to eat a certain food, but then you ate it every day. Well, you would be tired of it pretty quickly, wouldn't you?

The same with Tarot, and the same with everything else.

Little Baron

I felt the same way for a while.

And still do, to some extent. It can overwhelm you on occasion.

Tarot, tarot, tarot, tarot.

Sometimes a break is needed so you can appreciate something that bit more. You can often not see the wood for the trees. Sit back and watch from a distance for a bit.

LB

cheekyminx

Happens to the best of us. I think I went about a year of not doing any tarot work. Sometimes I can go a month or a few months.....sometimes you just need a break from whats routine. Your soul just seeks something new, new experiences, new challenges etc. Don't feel bad about it, but embrace this feeling you have :)

Alta

I have also taken two long breaks from tarot. I think it is the same with a lot of interests, they just consume you for a while, sometimes a long while! and then your mind just sort of reels back and wants to do something else for a while.

So, go do whatever calls you and enjoy it! And come back when and if you genuinely wish to come back.

Bad_Calvin

Take a break and don't worry about it. You will be back. :) It's that you just need to do "other" things right now. Do what you want.. it is your life! :)

I have been out for about a week only because I have been playing games. :) I have been playing the heck out of my PS2, and playing board games with my kids. :)

tarot is study.. and it is good to take a mental break from time to time. :)

Enjoy and we will see you around. :)

Milfoil

Yes, it shouldn't be a chore. Give it a break for a while and don't feel guilty.

Look forward to seeing you around the spirituality forum perhaps?? ;)

vision777

i remember i had to do the same in the ending of june going into july. i felt like the cards were causing me bad luck .i always go through that phrase every now and then ,but of course it was not the cards fault.sometimes its just good to take a break

siouxj73

Take all the time you need Gorgeous Butterfly and return renewed and full of enthusiasm. :)

Hugs

sioux

Deana

If you need a break, take a break. When I feel the need for a break, I take one and I don't worry about how long the break lasts. One thing I've noticed over the years is that when I come back to Tarot after a break, I have always moved to a new level...it's like my brain needs to move Tarot into the subconscious to work some things out and when I come back to it, my skills have made a huge jump. I'm also parent, and I notice this in my children, too. They'll be working on someting for a long time, and suddenly they hit a wall and need a break. The break might look unproductive, but then all of a sudden they have made a huge leap in their development without seeming to have tried. I think these cycles are a normal part of being human.