Putting cards back in order

Tarot Tina

When you have completed a reading for someone should the cards be put back in the original order in the pack or just left as they are ready for the next person.

Knight of Wands

Tina, the answer to many of your questions is, do what you feel is right.

There are no set rules for Tarot :)

But no, I don't put my cards back in order. Much too much hassle ;)

RubyRuby

I think whatever you feel comfortable with is ok.

I leave mine random. I do, however, try and put the cards from the reading in different spots throughout the deck. But that's just me and my little idiosyncracies.(sp?)

Grizabella

I do what RubyRuby does. Sometimes I put the cards from the reading at random places in the pack and then shuffle several times.

I don't like putting the deck back in order. It seems to me that the deck should be shuffled continuously and not re-ordered. There are lots of other people, though, who do believe in re-ordering the deck. I think it's a matter of preference, but that there's no way it "should" be done.

raeanne

Hi Tarot Tina,
Whatever works for you will be fine. I probably re-order my cards more than most people here but that is because I don't want to lose a card. By putting my cards in order I know they are all present and accounted for before I put the deck on the shelf. Now, my current 'working' deck that I do my daily draws from isn't necessarily in order (but sometimes it is) but if I change to a different deck, this one will definately be put in order before it goes back on the shelf. Enjoy.

mysticmonkey

As others have said do what feels comfortable for you.

I personally don't reorder the deck. I sometimes leave the cards from the last reading on the top of the deck incase I want to refer back to them later in the day and then reshuffle them back into the deck when I'm ready to do another reading.

I've only reordered the deck a couple of times. A couple of times for study purposes and once last week to check that all of the cards where there.

Deana

I am crazy. I reorder my decks often. Quite often. I don't know why. I just like to order them and then shuffle and then order them again. I guess I feel that it keeps me in touch with all the images (I can go months without some cards coming up at all, so I wouldn't even see them if I wasn't ordering them). I am also neurotic about losing one. It always freaks me out when someone says they lost a card. Eek! Or worse, when someone finds a card they didn't even know they'd lost and they have no idea how long they were using the deck without it. I guess I just *like* order.

The Hanged Man

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but as far as pre-reading rituals go, it isn't a bad way of 'cleansing' the cards of the 'energies' of previous reads.

sapphir3

I've done both and haven't noticed a difference in my readings either way :)

Now, I will reorder if I let someone that gave me a bad vibe touch my deck. I'm not sure why, but I always feel better after ;)

Chronata

Sometimes I re-order a deck after it gets a lot of use...say...after an event where I did 20 readings in a row.

I don't know what reordering really does to the cards...other than help me focus, and feel better and more organized after expending a lot of energy.