PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't I have a Saturn return?

Deana
01-09-2006, 02:47
I've heard so much about them and watched my husband go through a helluva Saturn return. I was ready. I was prepared for life-changing, karmic blah blah blah. And nothing happened. I recently turned 31. When I look back on the years between ages 27 and 30, they are the quietest and least traumatic I've ever lived through. I'm not complaining, mind you, but I am confused about why I had several quiet, uneventful years when I was expecting my Saturn return. Also, can I expect smooth sailing until my next one (ha, ha, a girl can hope!).

dadsnook2000
01-09-2006, 03:07
Well, you may have completed one Saturn cycle without obvious consequences -- just like passing a test in school without apprehension or pressure. This is good! It suggests that you have more-or-less been mature about your life, personal growth and have given thought to your path.

At this point Saturn is re-transiting thru it's first house (not necessarily your chart's first house) relative to its birth placement -- Cancer? It may be in or approaching it's second house from its birth placement. This is a time where you will in various ways recognize and possibly adapt your personal environment and lifestyle as well as start to think about your core values and how they serve you and others around you.

You will want to meld these statements with the house meanings of your chart's actual Saturn position at this time. An interesting book to buy, borrow or obtain from a library is John Townley's ASTROLOGICAL LIFE CYCLES. This book looks at the individual and combined Jupiter-Saturn cycles thru your chart and points how to recognize and utilize the natural cycles that affect how you manage your life, opportunities and self-discipline. Dave

isthmus nekoi
04-09-2006, 14:59
Hey Deana,

I find the literature surrounding Saturn returns unnecessarily alarmist. I'm sure if you start looking at charts of all different kinds of people, you'll find the so called dreaded horrors of the Saturn return is far less pronounced for some. I personally think one's culture and cultural values play an important role in the Saturn transit experience.

My father for example, spend his 2nd Saturn return relaxing on a lovely mediteranean cruise! I think how different people experience transits is very complicated. We like to harp on about free will in astrology, but frankly, difficult transits are going to kick your ass from time to time, no matter how responsible and full of self insight one is.

Rabbit
04-09-2006, 20:34
I've heard so much about them and watched my husband go through a helluva Saturn return. I was ready. I was prepared for life-changing, karmic blah blah blah. And nothing happened. I recently turned 31. When I look back on the years between ages 27 and 30, they are the quietest and least traumatic I've ever lived through. I'm not complaining, mind you, but I am confused about why I had several quiet, uneventful years when I was expecting my Saturn return. Also, can I expect smooth sailing until my next one (ha, ha, a girl can hope!).

Hi Deana

I did not have one that was well like to be expected either! I kept trying to work out numbers and see where everything was. Nothing. However, I did have a hard time in store for me. It came when I was42-44. Go figure.

Ross G Caldwell
05-09-2006, 13:51
Saturn doesn't have to be traumatic or bad - it's just the extreme point of stress in the tension of your life's pattern. If that pattern is balanced and symmetrical, Saturn's stress would be experienced like a high note in a nicely composed song, and might be quite pleasurable.

MCsea
05-09-2006, 14:05
Well Ill put my had up and say I had a shocking saturn return - taurus saturn retrograde in the 12th house, square progressed Uranus and I nearly died - was in hospital had 3 operations... it was hard I lost nearly everything...

BUT I discovered astrology... an astrologer was studying the effects of the moon on hospital admissions and started talking to me about this taurus saturn return...

MARINA

rainwolf
07-09-2006, 17:05
I think you could also see the saturn return as a 'return' of your work and endeavors. Like isthmus said, her dad spent his return on a cruise. If he spent his life working and committing himself, by his second return he should be enjoying what his work has done for him.

Saturn may be your karma and consequence planet, but that can leave very good things also. So have you worked or slacked off? At 30 your convenience ties (parents) are finally getting cut off completely (hopefully) and your metaphorical ship of independence is going to sink or float.

Deana
09-09-2006, 08:43
Thanks for the replies. I am still pondering them.

chrisam-crystals
13-09-2006, 23:38
well mine came and went.....and i never noticed anything at all! lol

i am 32 now and the period of my return was totally quiet.....maybe a little too quiet maybe?

things seem to be hotting up now, so perhaps it was the calm before the storm? lol

jue xx