The same question over and over?

MissCW

I have a friend that I read for (I am nowhere near a professional so I just do the odd reading for friends and family), she's in a relationship and has had me reading about him for her again and again. And when I say again and again, she's been asking questions every couple of days, pretty much the same question.

Now, from having pretty much a perfect positive spread, its switched to negative as in 3 of Swords type negative. And nothing has happened in their relationship!

Could this be the cards getting a bit fed up with it? Does this happen? From 10 of cups to 3 of swords when nothing has changed seems a bit drastic.

This has never happened before and I am a bit stumped ...

I asked the cards themselves why the reading had changed from positive to negative and the answer I got was Nine of Swords! What are you experiences with this sort of thing?

Alta

I am wondering if possibly this isn't anything to do with the reading, per se, but your friend.

The card drawn for 'why' was 9 of swords.

Meaning, the relationship is 'perfect' but for some reason she is deeply worried about it. And possibly, just possibly, her deep distrust of the relationship, else why would she keep asking?, is actually harming the very thing she wants.

Either she senses something is wrong, or possibly her own insecurity (for whatever reason) and this tension is causing problems and the cards reflect that.

Just a thought.

YDM42

I new at reading- so tread lightly on my reply. I think the cards are speaking about clinging too tightly and the 3 of swords could indicate hurt feelings or disapointment. Maybe she is no the edge of her seat and trying to force things instead of enjoying the time with her beau- usually just being in that frame of mind robs one of enjoyment and happiness, of course she will miss that 10 of cups, she is not in the moment.

Alta

In general though...

I think it is better in every way to let a reading sink into your mind. To live with it for a while and use it to understand a situation.

MissCW

Thanks Marion and YDM42.

With readings, unless a situation has drastically changed, the question only needs asking and answering once I would think?? (please tell me if I'm wrong!) I've done it because I wanted to practice but the first feeling I got tonight was "well, this is what you wanted to see, here it is".

And Marion you were right - my friend does have some really bad trust issues!

Alta

Yes, I do agree with you. The first reading generally tells the tale.

SunChariot

MissCW said:
I have a friend that I read for (I am nowhere near a professional so I just do the odd reading for friends and family), she's in a relationship and has had me reading about him for her again and again. And when I say again and again, she's been asking questions every couple of days, pretty much the same question.

Now, from having pretty much a perfect positive spread, its switched to negative as in 3 of Swords type negative. And nothing has happened in their relationship!

My take on this, and I have had this happen in readings I have done for myself is that if nothing changed in the relationship, and nothing changed in her boyfriend, then what changed is in her. The readings she has had may have changed her attitude. And, and this came as a surprise to me when I learnt this, attitude can change a lot, even your entire future.

Perhaps after seeing all those positive spreads in a row, she started to feel a bit "cocky", like things would turn out well no matter what she did. Unconsciously that can make you act differently in a relationship. Like I don't even have to try now because I know it will all work out in this positive way no matter what. Then sometimes people stop trying as hard to make it work (because they feel certain it will work no matter what they do). And once they stop putting the same energy into fixing things as they formerly had, that can be enough to make things fall apart.

I have actually once did that to myself and it took me a long time to fix it afterwards. The future, as told by the cards, can be very changable. Very many things can change it, sometimes even something so little as the querent knowing that future, can change it.

You can ask if you want, do a reading to ask why her future changed, but I would not be the least bit surprised it that is what it was,

Babs

WalesWoman

Maybe the 3 Swords showed up in order to help you see that 10 Cups means completion... that it has run it's course and reached it's natural conclusion???

When someone keeps asking the same thing again and again, I think it means they KNOW the answer but aren't ready to accept it as the truth, so in the hopes that they aren't reading thier intuition right, keep asking for readings to tell them that they are wrong about their fears and misgivings.

From my own experience... lack of security can bring about your worst fears simply by obsessing over them until you can't see what is good for what is wrong... and that lack of trust comes across to the partner, who then feels diminshed and ends up driven away... in a sense a self fulfillment of our worst fears.