PDA

View Full Version : multiply me

madmoiselle
02-09-2006, 12:52
Will this ever happen? In year, when all the generational planets are the same as in my own natal chart, can it ever be repeated? Aspects and every-thing ... another me?

dadsnook2000
02-09-2006, 14:10
Although there are cyclic returns of several planets into the relatively same positions as they were many years, decades or centuries ago, I did read that to have all of the planets return to their same relative positions (close but no exact degree positions) might take about 25,000 years or one great cycle. Perhaps someone else has more precise information. Dave

leephd
03-09-2006, 00:03
Actually, this question you asked was the basis for one of the critiques of astrology made in the Middle Ages by a guy named Nicole Oresme. His idea was to make exactly that observation: that ether the planets *NEVER* all return to exactly the same place, or that it is so rare, that any observation of the actions or meaning of a set of planetary configurations is ultimately futile, because it never occurs again, or it takes so long it's useless.

Obviously, that's assuming that nothing can be said about the intrinsic characterizations of individual or smaller grouping of planets than the then seven.