PDA

View Full Version : New to crystals and looking for some advise please

Hawthorne
05-09-2006, 03:41
So I have the following crystals and the reason I got each one, I've written next to it.
Can you please advise me if I'm on the track with these crystals. Also, what would be the best way to cleanse and charge each of them? I'm aware that we are approaching Full Moon later this week, and am tempted to cleanse them in the moonlight. I'm very drawn to the Moon and her energies (born at Cancer Full Moon and it's in the 12th House)

Moonstone (of course!) - I bought this to help balance my feminine energies and to help me with my intuition..

Amethyst - To help me to develop my spiritual side, strengthen my intuition and so on.

Tiger's Eye - I got this to help to ground me. I read here the thread on it helping with ADHD. I have the distractible type, not the hyperactive.

Rose Quartz - To help me attract more friendships and love around me.

And the last one, I was drawn to it because of how it looks - it is olive green with coral tones in it - I cant remember the name of it.

Well, if any of you can add to any of this with your suggestions on the properties of these crystals, and advice how to cleanse and charge them, I'd be very interested to hear your views.

Kahlie
05-09-2006, 03:47
I think the last one might be Unkanite?

Try using stones you are drawn too - instead of picking them on properties. I've been doing that and afterwards only I see how close those stones are to problems that I need to resolve.

There is only one stone that needs to be cleansed regularly in my collection... I even dreamt last night that it was 'full'. It helps clear out negativity and sometimes runs 'full', I guess I should program it to release it into positive energy... but then again... rubbing it under clear water is a rather nice thing to do.

If you feel ok with clearing your stones by moonlight, by all means do so :)

Kahlie

Edited: Removed link to the picture, it was only to identify the stone. And it was a commercial link.

Hawthorne
05-09-2006, 04:33
Yes the last one is Unkanite. I love it!

Briar Rose
05-09-2006, 05:48
Love.

When I got back into Crystals (this time it's serious) I ordered a bunch of books. I keep reading all the threads on Crystals. Everyone here on AT is so informative. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have learned as much.

I am now learning Crystal Healing.

Wait until you discover Infinite & Angelite & Tourmaline.

niteskye
05-09-2006, 20:43
Hi Hawthorne,

I also like to cleanse my crystals outside during the full moon (I'm a Cancerian...so how could I not?!?!) and I think that this is the perfect cleansing ritual for the Moonstone! In between full moons, if I feel that the energy is a little 'full' I cover them with sea salt, which is great for absorbing all the energy.

You have a good combination of crystals to start off with, however I would agree with Kahlie - find the crystals that you are drawn to on sight....then look up their meanings later. You will always be drawn to a crystal that can assist you at that particular time.

chrisam-crystals
05-09-2006, 22:49
tiger eye is very good if it is cleansed with the energy from the sun, as it is a stone with yellow/gold bands of chatoyancy in it - it goes hand in hand with the sun. :)

and the green stone isn't called unkanite, it is spelled "unakite"....;)

in some places you will read that amethyst is one of the few stones that don't need cleansing, and in others that it does......so it is entirely up to you which advice you heed.

also if you have a clear quartz or amethyst cluster, then you can also place your smaller crystals on to it to be cleansed - you can also pop them under the sun or moon as well. :)

Kahlie
06-09-2006, 05:47
and the green stone isn't called unkanite, it is spelled "unakite"....;)

Many Crystals have different spellings - as well because different language's spells them different... For example the English language uses Jasper - Dutch uses Jaspis.

I've found several names for Unakite as well...

Kahlie

Razordance
06-09-2006, 14:54
I was told that the only stones that don't need cleansing are citrine and kyanite. Moonlight works well, as does leaving them on a crystal cluster (I use amethyst, clear quartz is also quite common). Salt water can work, but be careful, as it can damage some stones. I know someone who uses the soundwaves from a tibetan singing bowl, and others who can cleanse stones mentally simply by holding the stone and visualizing a white light surrounding and purifying the stone. I've also heard that leaving the stone on a piece of selenite works very quickly and safely, but I haven't managed to get a piece yet so I can't comment.