Full Moon in Pisces: September 7, 2006

Sophie-David

I just read an inspired and inspiring article by Lisa Dale Miller on This Full Moon, which I just had to share with our community here. If we take this Full Moon and its current companions in Pisces in balance with the Virgo oppositions, great things may be accomplished!

Over the course of 2006 I have found myself particularly attuned to the influence of the Full Moon, seemingly more so than to the corresponding Sun. But do I see that This New Moon in Virgo in the later part of August did bring forth an expression in me of the current solar position. In that period there was an even closer intimacy felt with the rooted energy of the earthy soul as I returned from my spacy and ungrounded orbit with the Full Moon in Aquarius, aided in my descent by my continuing work with the bodhrán. BTW, my serious work with the bodhrán started most appropriately (although I didn't realize it at the time), under July's Full Moon in Capricorn.

Lisa suggests in her article to use a meaningful ritual associated with this Full Moon. Since I do not have a local community available to participate with on this, it occurs to me that this might be a very appropriate time to do the Crown Chakra exercises which I have been putting off from Anodea Judith's masterwork, Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self. Coming as they do near the end of the journey across the rainbow bridge, these promise to initiate a new level of integration from Root to Crown.

inanna_tarot

thanks for that david. lots to ponder on as I look up at the moon tomorrow :)

Sezo
x

Hawthorne

I very much enjoy Lisa Dale Miller's twice monthly writing about the upcoming New and Full Moons. She gives suggestions how to celebrate it,and also offers suggestions on your focus for it.
For anyone who doesnt know, you can subscribe to have these newsletters emailed to you.
I've been moon gazing these past two nights. I'm very attuned to the Moon (12th House Moon in Cancer -born at Full Moon) and feel her more intuned to her influences than those of my Aquarian Sun.

redflash

Hope we get to see something here ! It's my birthday today, I have been looking forward to this full moon & partial lunar eclipse for months !

Hawthorne

Happy Birthday redflash!
Now the bad news. It's highly unlikely we'll get any of the eclipse this time around - we're in the wrong place, and even if we werent, the eclipse takes place at 19:43pm The Moon wont have risen by then, I dont think. And it wont be dark enough at that time.

Anyway, worth going out and having a look at some point. Who knows? A total lunar eclipse is stunning - the moon turns coppery red. This one, as you say it just a partial.

Look at it this way - even if we dont see anything, the power is still out there tonight. We can still make the most of the power of the eclipse even if we cant view it!

a_shikhs

Thank you David for this lovely information. I can see the moon clearly from my balcony. :) I'll do a small ritual for myself tonight. :)

Sophie-David

redflash said:
Hope we get to see something here ! It's my birthday today, I have been looking forward to this full moon & partial lunar eclipse for months !
Happy Birthday Redflash! :party:

What an auspicious day for a birthday - you are very lucky!

This site says that moonrise in London will be at 19:35 BST. London sunset is at 19:34 BST. The greatest depth of eclipse will be at 19:51 BST. It appears that within the UK, the southeast portion of England will have the best exposure to the eclipse, if the skies are clear.

We will not see the eclipse at all in North America. A_shikhs, you should have a good view. You will have to tell us how it went!

As you say Hawthorne, you don't need to see it for the influence to be felt! While playing my bodhrán on my customary half-hour walk to work this morning, the energy of earth and water felt through the drum, Virgo and Pisces, was very palpable, rich and deep. I am greatly looking forward to my chakra work this evening, and yesterday's Spirit Guide Draw was very promising.

Deep Blessings on this special day, everyone! :)

Milfoil

Thankyou David

Again, you have given us most appropriately timed and poignant information. Thankyou.

Hawthorne

Well, I first saw the moon at 8.15pm. She had just risen and so was very low in the sky, huge, and glowing a warmer shade than usual. Nothing to see of the eclipse.

I've been feeling fairly upbeat all day today, but then within an hour of the eclipse happening I started to feel very emotional, very tearful and low.
I feel a little better now, it was almost like a cleansing.

I hope those of you who did see the eclipse enjoyed it.!

star-lover

i posted this on another forum - spirituality - i will copy it here because of same subject

i have not felt that emotional on this lunar eclipse like i have others but anyway this is my small story

well this lunar eclipse landed in 14-15 pisces i believe which is in my 7th house and bang on my south node (not where you should be but what you should be getting away from apparently)

i was expecting some relationship watershed - because of the 7th house - never happened - seems to have focused on the opposition to me/1st house

in fact my mum who is over to stay started to give me the 3rd degree over my household habits and scrubbed half my house to goodness today and got my but into gear - not about looks but about practical stuff - knowing what is what and where things are

i hated it but once i was over the pain of criticism/help really - well meant but it hurt - i must admit its taken me back on the road where i like to be and always was in previous years - in control and not floundering and lost in confusion and ignorance about so much stuff - cos i had lost it all

full moon happened on my south node - my weakness/lazy bits/feeling comfortable where i should be working on my north node - virgo -

read jonathan cainer today about the full moon and he said its like having your face scrubbed clean - it might hurt but you are delighted with the results

should have put this in astrology section but seems to fit here ok i guess - full moon - things come to light and oh boy whatever i had hidden from myself/my mother it came to light today lol - with some aggro but it got sorted! so wahay i do like full moons i guess