Untradable and Most Tradable Decks

euripides

Have you had a deck on offer for ages that nobody wants, or seen a deck repeatedly go untraded?

And what deck is on everybody's wishlist, or often and easily traded?

As far as I can see, the Rider Waite Smith is nearly everybody's first deck and few AT members seem to want another one. I've heard someone say that the 007 is going begging a fair bit, and nobody fancies my LS Universal (including me).

(is this the appropriate place for this, or should it be in Talking Tarot?....)

Euri

Dwaas

I had a Dutch titled Haindl for trade some time ago. Nobody wanted to trade it.
And I start to believe that my 007 deck will also have a hard time finding it's way into the world. When I had the Quest tarot and the Froud's Faeries for trade it took only a short time to find them new homes and I got great decks in return.

Alta

I had a Sulamith Wolfing deck go unwanted through, I think, three trade attempts. I gave it away. Then a year later several people were talking about it and seeking it. :rolleyes: Go figure.

The Haindl goes through periods when no one will take it (I tried) and then suddenly because of a few threads it is 'deck du jour'. :D :D

So, there's an idea. Stir up interest with a few threads then offer it for trade. Might conceivably work. :lightbulb

jackdaw*

I had a Liber T that for a while I didn't think I could PAY somebody to take off my hands!

Then the Llewellyn $5 sale came up, and when so many people ordered this and didn't get it, everyone was looking for it!

Long story short, I no longer have the Liber T :D

Most tradeable? I think the Vargo Gothic rates pretty high, and so many limited edition decks.

a_shikhs

I have the Well Worn Path deck for trade but nobody seems to buy it even though its a pretty famous deck. Guess its because shipping to India is pretty steep.:(

I agree with QOP about the Gothic Tarot. Its pretty famous. Even the Gilded is pretty famous here.

bleuivy

I had an Lo Scarabeo Egyptian Deck for trade twice with no takers. (It's still available if anyone's looking. ;)) It's a good deck if you're interested in Egyptian-style decks that use papyrus and look Ancient Egyptian in style. I guess not that many people are interested in Egyptian decks?

Grizabella

I've offered the LS Gnomes more than once and no takers. I'm beginning to think I'd have to pay someone to take the little darlings.

But right now, Vargo Gothic, Madame Endora and Fenestra are among the popular trade items for in-print decks, I think. And Buckland and Ancestral Path were hot on the OOP list recently.

It just depends on how the wind blows, I think.

tantricknite

Decks

Rite now the Cleo deck you can't even give it away.I was looking at it and its really not that bad.I think the problom is her reputation,marketing it like Big Macs and making the box look like the cover of T.V. guide!!

Sulis

Medicine Woman seems to be quite difficult to trade away - I've offered it a few times with no takers.

I agree about the Vargo Gothic - that one went very quickly when I traded it last year.

Annabelle

Il Meneghello decks seem to be easy to trade . . . they are such beautiful, well-made editions, yet often so expensive if you buy them new from Tarot Garden or elsewhere. You can save money (by which I mean that I have saved money :)) by waiting and watching and picking them up in a trade, or at a deep discount from someone who wants to sell their copy.