Jung-The Wisdom Well

Tansey Ella

edited

edited

tink27

Breezes said:
hello all,
well I have been in the used book store again. As usual found some interesting things and interesting people.
i found 'the wisdom well" it is jungian tarot cards. I did a search before posting and tried to find a current thread about jung. but the ones i found did not concern this deck. i have casually looked at it, and even pulled 3 cards, two times. Seems interesting, . cna it be used with regualr tarot spreads? any experiences?

breezes

Hi Breezes,

I bought this deck and book set recently at Chapters for about $4.99 canadian. I've used one, two, or three card spreads to represent either body, mind, spirit, and or past, present, future. They have been, for me, very accurate. With the wonderful images and detail descriptions, I'm sure it could be used in a more detailed spread.

Enjoy!

tink

Mi-Shell

very pretty cards

Hi there!
I have this deck too --- but as a Jungian analyst I find it is more a pretty toy that stays on the surface of things.
Maybe it is more of a door opener into the world view of C G Jung for people just getting to know him and archetypes....
Mi-Shell

blackroseivy

Yes, it's not REAL in-depth, but as for keeping things simple, it can really tell you interesting things IF you have a greater understanding of Jung to begin with. I'm an artist, not an analyst; however, I have been studying Jungian concepts for many years now. I like how these cards can make clear statements about a person, sometimes making surprise observations. I do think that it's worth using.

elviefae

I just picked this set up at Barnes & Nobles over the weekend. It was being clearanced so was less than $4. Afterwards went over to the coffee shop and myself & a friend were looking at it. She wanted one too, so I picked her up one. I haven't done many readings with it yet but I like what I see so far --has been insightful. The archetypes are very helpful. I've never formally studied Jung but have read some of his writings and always enjoyed them. If someone has just some small basic understanding of achetypes or interest in them, I think they would love this deck. As I was doing the readings, I was pretty amazed at the archetype connections being made. There were ones I suspected but always before just placed aside in a little container called, "ooh thats interesting." This deck gives me a way to view them now and hopefully work with them.

bleuivy

I have this deck tucked away somewhere in my room. I quite enjoy it, thought I haven't used it much recently. I also found that it wasn't very in depth, but that readings with it were so much fun that it didn't really matter. It's good for quick, cursory readings that are fun and sort of breezy. :)