Do transits always effect you?

Azarial

I was looking at my transits for today, and I got this transit.

12:50PM Transiting Moon Opposition Natal Pluto
For a few hours your emotions and relationships with others are likely to be intense. The most likely people with whom you will have conflicts will be those with whom you have deep emotional attachment to. This can be a time of emotional power struggles where emotional blackmail, guilt and jealousy might be used to try to manipulate your behavior. It is also possible that you might get caught up in this mind game and do the same thing to others. The main theme with Moon / Pluto combinations is "extortion of emotional support".

Now what I was wondering, is will that happen for sure, or does the transit just increase the chances of something like that happening?

-Pamela

dadsnook2000

Transits versus the natal chart

The natal chart provides a basic imprint. While we don't always express all of the planetary patterns there, we do choose and we do respond to many of them.

Now, for transits: if you don't have a pattern of planets that are in aspect or relationship to each other -- and these two planets are involved in a tranist (like transiting Moon over natal Pluto) then the transit may not be expressed at all.

As your grow older, as your progressed chart brings new combinations of planets together, you tend to enlarge and sophisticate the patterns you are sensitive to. You also experience them in modified form and you learn from them. So, in time you outgrow some patterns, learn to use others as positive energizers, and change or modify how you use others. In these ways you both integrate the energies in your chart so that you best express your chart potential, and you outgrow your chart in some ways so that you are free from its lessons. This is, essentially, the FATE VS FREE WILL argument being resolved! Dave

star-lover

i agree that if you don't have that aspect natally it won't really express itself through you big time (having said that i would disagree for outer planets transiting your personal planets even if they are not natally aspected together)

i think if you have tranisting moon opposite pluto for example- the moon will just trigger what your natal pluto aspects natally

i read astro.com personal daily readings and alot of the time they just don't happen as they say

transiting moon aspects come and go quickly anyway - but if the moon aspects an awkward natal aspect it can be like a sore thumb

i get this when transiting moon aspects my saturn - but the only reason i think is because natal saturn is square my sun, opposite my mars so i get quick lonely and cranky

transits to my venus and moon are always great because in my natal chart those 2 planets and very well aspected

dadsnook2000

And I had thought that . . .

And I had thought that my remarks about Fate and Freewill, which I had tied into transits and natal patterns, would really spark a debate. Perhaps a seperate thread? Dave

star-lover

i dont know about fate and freewill
i do agree you can transcend your natal chart / transits and other things

then again
it seems to be set in stone sometimes
i will always be a moon in sagitarisus person - i can never see that shifting

my sun sign characteristics - yes i can see going through my own will to change that stuff but the moon? i don't know why i feel its there to stay forever lol

stardancer

I studied all my transits years ago and came to the conclusion, short terms don't work much. The faster the transiting planets, the briefer the contact. But I do know the longer affects from Jupiter out, are very effective.

I think if you are planning something specific: like a wedding, you should look to transits of the Moon, Mercury and Venus to be sure you weren't planning anything too inauspicious. Even if the transit is too brief to make a permanent impression, it would lend itself to things being calmer and more peaceful than normal.

There is an exception that I've observed in my chart. There is a transiting point that makes a grand trine to my natal Moon/Venus and Jupiter. Every time the sun passed through this, I had a tendency to call into work and play hooky.

I may look into the only natal apsects work when repeated in transits, to see if there is a pattern there for me.

Azarial

Thank you very much for all of the information provided. The transit yesterday didn't seem to affect me at all. It was a mostly pleasant day, other than having this nasty cold following me around!

I suppose another thing that would factor into transits, are the people who are around you's transits. I guess if they weren't having any bad transits at the time, it would have been hard for that transit in particular to play out as it said.

Then there is always the case of free will. You can always go against the grains in what is affecting you, rather than reacting as you normally would.

I hope what I meant to say came out ok, and didn't come out too jumbled up. Sometimes words come out differently than the way you see them in your head.

-Pamela