Tektites

SilverCloudedWolf

I just bought a crystal, sold as Tektite but I'm wondering whether it is. The books I have say that it is a shiny blackish stone and that it is dense. This however is quite light, possibly due to the amount of air bubbles it has. It's also not that shiny though is in places. It also is slightly blueish in the black. The descriptions in my books aren't that descriptive of its physical appearance. Also, how expensive is Tektite? This piece was £2 and the size of my fingernail. So do you guys think it's Tektite?

Thanks, Silver

chrisam-crystals

hi silver, are you able to take a pic of it?

i have lots of tektites and they more or less look like these.

http://webplaza.pt.lu/guyhein/tektite-a.jpg

but if it as small as you say, then it probably will look as how you describe it - don't forget that it is basically just glass, and the asian types have lots of air bubbles within them.

it also sounds as though it is a gemmy tektite, which are clear rather than opaque as those in the pic.

also, £2.00 sounds REALLY steep for the size you got!

i sell mine for £7.00 and they are approx the size of a golfball.

jue xx

SilverCloudedWolf

I'd say it probably is a tektite then. It most resembles the bottom-right one in the pic, it's the same texture.

I won't be able to put a pic of it here, there's *something* going on with this computer.

As for the price - never mind. £2 isn't a lot of money, and now I know better for next time :)

Thanks for your help!!

dr. farr

Tektites tend to be somewhat overlooked in healing-they shouldn't be because their affinities are very important-don't forget that the vaunted moldavite is merely a variety of tekitite!

chrisam-crystals

exactly lithotherapist.

i find meteorites fascinating as "experts" can't agree on what they actually are.....some say that it is a part of a planet or moon that has exploded, while others say that they are the remains of the earth's rocks which heated and then cooled after the initial impact, and the original meteorite disintigrated.

i would like to think that they are the remains of the initial impact, as the energy off them is crazy!

although if they ARE just super heated and then cooled rocks that were hit by the impact, then the meteorite left some wonderful energy with them.

jue xx

Lillie

I've got this thing that was sold to me as a meteorite, but it looks just like them in the picture.
It's teardrop shaped, crusty on the outside, like a bit bubbly, and a hole has been made in the top for a thong.
Where the hole is made it is glassy and bits have been chipped off for the hole.
It seems to flake like flint or obsidian.

So, I reckon it's a tektite, not a meteorite. But I like it.

It looks like a space poo.

chrisam-crystals

lillie, tektites ARE meteorites! lol

mysticmonkey

Lillie said:
It looks like a space poo.
ROTFL! Well I guess you could call it that. *LOLOL*

Lillie

chrisam-crystals said:
lillie, tektites ARE meteorites! lol

Are they?
I was of the understanding that a meteorite came from space and crashed onto the ground.
In the crashing, the surface of the earth (rocks and stuff) would melt with the heat, then get thrown up and come back down as tektites.

so, meteorites are space rocks, tektites are earth rocks made the way they are by space rocks...

Does this make sense?
I'm probably not explaining very well.

And anyhow, maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe they are the same...

Cool. Meteorite!

And yes, from the day I got it it's been called 'the space poo' cos that's what it looks like!

chrisam-crystals

aha...but you see no-one can agree whether the surrounding earth rocks metamorphosised - is that a proper word? lol - and became tektites, or whether they are part of the meteorite that crashed.....;)

anyway, i will always from this moment on call them space poo! :D

jue xx