What are your opinions on this please?

Hawthorne

I'm starting to do readings for myself, although I do avoid reading for myself on the really big important issues in my life, so I ask general questions right now.

Something that seems to be happening is this - on a Monday I may do a reading for myself, framing the reading around the subject of "Whats coming in for me this week that I need to know about" or, "what issues do I need to be aware of during the next two weeks".

So I'm specifying a time frame, but despite this, I see that things do start to happen as the cards indicated, but not within the time frame I intended in the reading. Its like there is often a delay. I hope this is making sense!

Does anyone else find this happens? The reading is accurate but not necessarily within the time frame you asked it for?

inanna_tarot

Sometimes it happens like that - and I wouldnt worry too much about it.
I believe that no matter what you ask the Tarot, the most important message will sing out the loudest. Whatever you need to hear will come out. Now often enough people tend to ask the most important question so its not so bad, but every now and then you do a reading about selling a house that is really about something totally different.

Just read, learn and take what you can from it :)

Sezo
x

cheekyminx

Timing isn't always 100% accurate, it can be 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years. Patience is a virtue. You see in the spirit world, there is no time. Spirits have no sense of time....

I hope this has helped!

Grizabella

My own personal belief is that tarot operates on the subconscious level, rather than it having to do with spirits. The subconscious has no concept of time. What, to us, may have happened a year or ten years ago may have happened just an hour ago or may be happening right now to the subconscious. This is why the things we dream about seem so vivid when we're dreaming about something that happened or someone we knew years ago. It probably also comes into play when we have dreams of premonition, too. So when we read the cards, timing may seem to be off but in actuality, it's not off at all because we're drawing on the subconscious where there's no concept of time.

I didn't just think this up, by the way. It was explained to me by a counsellor when I was having flashbacks similar to what war veterans have after a traumatic experience in my life.

MeeWah

Also see as Lyric, that Tarot operates on a subconscious level & that the information issues from that boundless realm, not confined to time constraints as the conscious perceives.

Hence, a numeric association can be anywhere from days, to months or years. Sometimes, though, a more definitive association possible from other indicators.

Other factors can contribute. The myriad of personal decisions both minor & major; & exterior factors which may affect or influence a time sequence.

Hawthorne

Thanks to everyone.

Your responses have reassured me - I feel like my interpretations are usually working, but as I said they rarely seem to fit my timeframe.

I'll learn now to sit back and wait, and let the cards work their magic :)

HearthCricket

I have had this happen, especially on very strong readings, where a specific person or event is supposed to unfold, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the cards are referring to. Then weeks later or even a month passes, and it happens-something very unique and unexpected, and I remember those readings that I could not comprehend at the time. When this happens, I believe in trusting the time delay. Maybe I wanted to know what was going to happen in the next week or so, but the cards decided to overshadow my question and show me something far more important, in the future.

manhattan9thgate

HearthCricket said:
I have had this happen, especially on very strong readings, where a specific person or event is supposed to unfold, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the cards are referring to. Then weeks later or even a month passes, and it happens-something very unique and unexpected, and I remember those readings that I could not comprehend at the time. When this happens, I believe in trusting the time delay. Maybe I wanted to know what was going to happen in the next week or so, but the cards decided to overshadow my question and show me something far more important, in the future.

you're SO on the mark. :) especially about the Tarot overshadowing your question to show your something far more important.

for me the only instances when time was accurately "divined" have been in prophetic dreams (which is a rare and very freaky occurance for me).

CrystalKeeper

Omg, that happens with my readings all the time! teehee, nice to know that I'm not the only one. Sometimes it happens immediately as in a few days later, or waaaay after, like a few weeks!

Abrac

Time frames can be one of the most frustrating and enigmatic aspects of forecasting the future.

In nature, there is no time as we know it. One event follows another, but the seasons have no concept of months or days or hours. They just do their thing. So when forecasting the future, the when is not as important as the why and how. If you understand that by doing certain things certain results will follow, the timing begins to take on less importance. Just knowing it will happen (sooner or later) is good enough.