The Fool Meditation

PixieLi

hello all

I would like to meditate with The Fool. I have a RWS deck and I was wondering if any of you know of a good meditation I could use. I believe it will assist me with becoming more 'intune' with the card.

TIA
B*B

Rosanne

What type of meditation were you thinking of PixieLi?
There is a guided meditation in Tarot Awareness by Stephen Walter Stirling- there is also a poem.
I have two ways of mediatating upon a card
1st way is to put the card at eye height and slowly imagine your self stepping into the card as if through a doorway. Then close your eyes, and with your mental eye look around- ask some mental questions if you like. If the image starts to fade, open your eyes and look at the card again, and re set your self inside the card. Listen to any sounds you hear for example the dog barking etc. Ten minutes is usually my limit- but time passes fast.
2nd Way is too read out aloud a poem or some paragraph slowly. Loud enough for your ears to hear yourself speak. When you have finished reading-close your eyes and think about what you have heard by reading and allow images to come to mind. If for example the colour yellow comes up and you find your minds eye at, say the beach and no Fool is there- that is OK just go with the images that come to you.
Here is a prayer on the Fool- the guided visualisation is far too long for me to type.
The Fools Invocation
I am a ray of light in search of myself...
My head aloft, I wander the Earth, a Fool.
I chose to come here-
in a timeless moment of forgetfulness,
I must refine my vision as I walk this path of return.
But the precipice yawns before me
I can fall into this gaping chasm.....
but I know that thy hand will steady me.
May I always remember my Divine origin,
A pure spirit, forged in the holy fire:
poised, vigilant, awake-
I am now ready to overcome obstacles
that are there before me.
I hope you find what you want!~Rosanne

PixieLi

Thanks for the reply Roseanne....you're on the right track. I'll give the 1st way a go tonight...thanks again