Influencing Amazon? - Split from the 'What are you awaiting in the mail?' thread

gregory

Disa said:
Guess what, guess what? It looks like Amazon is preparing my order to be shipped now!!! Whoo hoo. You think all of our discussing sent energy to Amazon to just send the cards??? ;)
Well, it's not as if anything ELSE ever works. :mad: Seriously, and sorry mods, but I think this is worth asking, and this thread is the obvious place - does anyone here think there is anything we could collectively do to influence the behemoth that is amazon ?

Disa

Actually, just for the record- I've never had a problem with Amazon regarding a delay in shipment before. (This is Amazon in the US) I expected this and accepted it since it seemed the Fenestra was in short supply at others places as well. I chose to wait because it was only $13.00 and I just combined the Llewellyn with it ($16.47) to get the free shipping. I'm actually happy I didn't have to wait until November.

lunakasha

gregory said:
Well, it's not as if anything ELSE ever works. :mad: Seriously, and sorry mods, but I think this is worth asking, and this thread is the obvious place - does anyone here think there is anything we could collectively do to influence the behemoth that is amazon ?

What really gets to me is when they (amazon US) list the item as "In Stock--Usually ships within 24 hours" and then they do not ship it out until several days later???? :mad: This is why I would rather pay expedited shipping via marketplace seller (delivery in 2-4 days) rather than wait two weeks for "free shipping". MAJOR pet peeve for me....so it is not just amazon UK and Canada that are giving poor service.

What can we do about it??? No idea....but maybe this needs its own thread? *hinting to gregory* :confused: ;)

gregory

lunakasha said:
What really gets to me is when they (amazon US) list the item as "In Stock--Usually ships within 24 hours" and then they do not ship it out until several days later???? :mad: This is why I would rather pay expedited shipping via marketplace seller (delivery in 2-4 days) rather than wait two weeks for "free shipping". MAJOR pet peeve for me....so it is not just amazon UK and Canada that are giving poor service.

What can we do about it??? No idea....but maybe this needs its own thread? *hinting to gregory* :confused: ;)
OK already - I will pull and quote a few posts and start one - but not now; I have to go out. To where there are no tarots (that I don't already have ;)) but a lot of tapas :D

lunakasha

gregory said:
OK already - I will pull and quote a few posts and start one - but not now; I have to go out. To where there are no tarots (that I don't already have ;)) but a lot of tapas :D

Excellent, looking forward to it.....maybe someone can suggest a solution, some way to get their attention. After all, we as customers deserve MUCH better!

Enjoy your tapas gregory (whatever they may be??? :eek: )

:) Luna

gregory

OK - so everyone - post your problems with amazon here.....

I will start with the disasters with Magic Realist's decks last year - the delivery date on my preorder moved from July to August to September to.....

...when it got to "by Christmas" I cancelled and ordered direct from Baba. Who said she could not understand this at all, as she knew for a fact that amazon had received a large shipment from her weeks before. Others were in the same position.

AngelC

I made an order only last week with six items, all were said to be "in stock" but one. Now four are shipped, two on the 18th, one on the 19th and another the 20th. Just weird.
The last two (one said to be 2-3 weeks) are still there - and of course the item that supposedly was in stock and is now waiting for that other was the deck I bought for a friend that wanted to get into tarot. *sigh*

Shipping here usually takes about two weeks but I have no problem with that.
It's them not getting it shipped in the first place that irritates me.
And yes, I am in Sweden and still order from the Amazon US as it's the cheapest alternative for me by far.

Oh and the really funny part - the item shipped on the 19th is now listed as delivery estimate: Oct 2nd, the ones shipped on 18th and 20th are de: Oct 10th. I don't get it. I really don't.

Knight of Wands

Last Year they kept putting the date back for Fairytale Tarot.

Eventually I just cancelled order...

Abrac

I seriously doubt I will ever order anything from Amazon proper again unless they get their act together. After I bought the Hanson Roberts that had a picture of one deck, and then got an entirely different one, I decided that's it. This situation could be remedied, but it would involve longer wait times in a lot of cases, and more personnel to keep Web pages updated. But I really wouldn't mind waiting if they could just tell me for sure what the hell I'm getting.

Amazon has warehouses spread out all over the place which, theoretically, makes it possible to get orders faster and more effeciently. But what has happened is they have gotten so large they don't really know what's going on. The ad may say "ships from Amazon," but what that really means is ships from an Amazon warehouse, somewhere off in BFE, if they have one, we really don't know, so we'll get back to ya.

I plan to stick to my guns and vote with my pocketbook. I believe this is the only language large companies like Amazon understand. Most stuff you can get a lot cheaper and more efficiently from marketplace sellers anyway. Amazon still gets their cut, but not as much.

gregory

Another disaster I had was that they listed a deck/book set as available new. It was also listed as available for MUCH less from marketplace sellers. So I ordered the set from one of them. It duly arrived - but was only the book. I had to send it back (it was in Spanish...) and when I contacted the seller she was spitting mad.

Apparently if you sell on the marketplace, you've no way to post your own description; you can only stick with the one amazon posted for their item. She'd had quite a few angry people with the same problem, but of course, when you ORDER you don't get to contact the seller directly, it just goes through the amazon payment thingy - so she had no way of saying - hey, you SURE you want this ? - the payment would already have been made.

I never order from the marketplace now without contacting the seller first (unless it is for an ordinary book or something !) Other than that incident - I haven't had trouble with marketplace items ! They seem more reliable than amazon proper !