Using magnifying glasses

Shaymus

Hi all,

I'm wondering how many use magnifying glasses when they examine their cards? I've been using one religiously, examining each new deck I get. If you're not using one, I HIGHLY recommend that you get yourself a nice one, rectangular (so both eyes can see through it at once).

It's amazing, especially using the rectangular ones. For some decks, some objects in the cards become 3-D like. Very cool, and of course, you get to see the details much better.

I'm just going through the Rohrig Tarot. The cards are mammoth, even to the limit that I can adequately shuffle them yet (practicing on shuffling the long ends together). This deck is simply AMAZING.

Take care (and try a magnifying glass, rectangular.....$10-15), well worth it.

Shaymus

Alta

Fully agree!!! I bought one years ago (and agree about the rectangular ones) because I was finding the analysis code printed on weather maps getting harder and harder to read.

You get into the habit of using them. Not only does it make small details pop into your atention, but it forces you to look at the world one square inch at a time, like a cat. :D It is a diferent perspective, not just magnification but a real focus of attention.

Fulgour

on a swing arm

An inexpensive "Architects Lamp" with magnifier
is very convenient~ and adds light quite nicely.

Disa

I just got my husband to give me his magnifying glass last week specifically for this purpose;)

shaveling

Since I favor the TdM, I mostly use magnification to try to decipher the linework on the cards. I imagine that if I had the Camoin Bicentennial, I'd pretty much use it exclusively for research with the magnifying glass, and use more replacable decks for reading.

greycats

I've used a magnifying glass once in a while for a long time. After the Margarete Petersen Tarot, the use started to be routine. :)

Hemera

Fulgour said:
An inexpensive "Architects Lamp" with magnifier
is very convenient~ and adds light quite nicely.

I tried this with my DruidCraft today and WOW. The 2 of Swords-forest just jumped out at me. It looks incredibly 3D through that magnifying lamp. I also noticed many details in the deck that I hadn´t seen before even though the DC cards are rather large in size. I´m definitelly going to keep checking all my new decks through this magnifier!

connegrl

Reading glasses, really strong ones.

Jen