Significator card

DawnsLight

Is it necessary to have a SC (sig. card) in your spread? How do you go about choosing a significator card? Do you just pick whatever card you think has your 'personality'?? (say the Empress if you're a mom and you like nature stuff?) How does having a sig card help your readings?

Thanks a bunch for any advice!
Still learning the ropes here.....
Dawn

Niti

I don't think significator cards are neccesary...particularly because in my experience, the card would represent a certain person changes depending on the issue at hand, as we all appoach different people and situations in different ways. So...if you have a significator for "your personality", what's to say that personality fits the issue?

Oftentimes, if there is anything resembling a significator card in my spreads, it is because it is a jumper, or because as I lay out my cards and read them, I just single out certain cards as representatives of who I am, or who the other people are, in the situation. For relationships and friendships, significators often appear to represent the same people over and over again, even if you do not choose them and lay them out on purpose.

tarobones

ask the Tarot

why not ask the Tarot itself.......which card represents me, as I am, right now? leads to interesting readings. I first saw this used as part of the Enchanted Tarot deck/book, but I like it. But most people follow a different system for significators. BB, Michael

DawnsLight

tarobones said:
why not ask the Tarot itself.......which card represents me, as I am, right now? leads to interesting readings. I first saw this used as part of the Enchanted Tarot deck/book, but I like it. But most people follow a different system for significators. BB, Michael

What a good idea, asking the tarot. I will have to try that. Thanks "neighbor" :) I'm in IL too....

Jewel

I personally do not usually use significators. But when I choose to use a significator I actually use the first card that comes off the deck after shuffling and cutting. I feel like it represents me at this point in time in relation to my question.

sand dollar

Jewel said:
I personally do not usually use significators. But when I choose to use a significator I actually use the first card that comes off the deck after shuffling and cutting. I feel like it represents me at this point in time in relation to my question.

same, lol. and i couldnt put it better.