Crystals/jewelry

celticnoodle

I know this may sound stupid, but I am totally new to crystals. Is it okay to use pieces of jewelry as your crystal piece? I noticed on this site that someone mentioned about opals as enhancing visions. I have lots of opal jewelry (my birthstone), so instead of going out and purchasing an opal stone alone--I am wondering if I just wore my opals, if it will help me reach the same end result?

also, with an amethyst, (which I also have in jewelry) for helping me sleep. If I wore my amethyst earrings to bed, will this work, or do I need to purchase a stone not made as jewelry to do this?

If I can use my jewelry to reach the same results, well, then I'm ahead of the game and spend my money on other crystals that I don't own! : )

hope someone can help me with this and give some advice.

eastarot

I have a lot of crystal jewellery which works for me. Because its so personal an item, I dont lend or heal others with my crystal jewellery. My favourite is an amethyst ring and a pair of turquoise earrings.

Briar Rose

Sometimes I make jewelry from Crystals just to help me out.

Some believe that some Crystals do not work together in jewelry. I posted a list. You can also find the list just by typing in Planets and Gemstones.

chrisam-crystals

i'm a crystal healer and a jewllery deisgner, and i combine the two - so the answer to your question is YES!

you just need to cleanse and charge the piece of jewellery that you want to use, and wear it when you need it's energy.

if you have the stone in a 925 silver setting, then the silver will cleanse your aura of negativity in order for the stone to its work. :)

blessings,

jue xx

MCsea

Nods - stands right behind chrisam-crystals I agree, yes, and I find my 'jewels' work for me as a friend would - they tend to help me more in my own aura or something... probably cause it is a partnership I 'show them off' they help me??!!

MARINA

Alta

I also agree!!! To me the stones in jewellry work just fine, and in fact it is good way to keep one near you, by wearing it. :)

FantasyWorld

This is an old thread but....

Had a dream about 2 weeks ago where I was told to wear Amethyst on my pinkie finger to help......not 100% sure but I think it was for my Psorisis.
Ordered one off Ebay and it came today so I am wearing it now;)

celticnoodle

interesting fantasyworld. please let us know how well this works for you.

FantasyWorld

celticnoodle said:
interesting fantasyworld. please let us know how well this works for you.

Well, my skin isn't too bad at the moment but.....I can't give anything concrete right now.

Here is some info though from one website:
Physically, amethyst is beneficial for reducing withdrawal symptoms of all kinds, blood sugar imbalances, depression, general healing, left brain imbalances, headaches, arthritis, insomnia, nightmares, other sleep disorders, ADD/ADHD, generalized anxiety, mania, ear aches, pain relief, circulatory system issues, endocrine system problems, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, immune system deficiencies, and general healing.

Amethyst is associated with the third eye and crown chakras primarily, but can also open the heart chakra.

http://www.crystalsandjewelry.com/metaphysical_healing/stoneinfo/amethyst.html

wumpkie

I have psoriasis so I might try amethyst I have a chunky chip bracelet so That will be interesting to see if it has any effect.