Help identifying a Crystal

Razordance

My boss loves crystals as well, and she showed up at work today and presented me with a small package of things she picked up at a mineral show years ago. 2 slices of geode and this piece. I'm not sure what it is... I originally thought of bloodstone, but it's more of a white blue than the dark green I've seen. It has the feel of bloodstone. I was also thinking maybe that it's some type of jasper. Can anyone help me ID it? The following pics are of both sides of the same stone. There is a much larger patch of red on the one side, and the other seems to be more speckled. Thanks.

http://www.msnusers.com/hjbt8ll0892qoge45h6um5f107/Documents/Pictures/Picture 101.jpg
http://www.msnusers.com/hjbt8ll0892qoge45h6um5f107/Documents/Pictures/Picture 102.jpg

chrisam-crystals

bad link

hi razordance, i'm afraid that your links are not working here.

you can email the pics to me and i will see if i can identify them for you?

jue xx

Razordance

Hmm... They're not working here anymore either, and they were when I posted. I'll email the pics a little later, need to get to work right now. Thanks.

Kahlie

Alright!
That stone looks weird to me! I guess I'd think it was a jasper, but somehow the red isn't dark enough... and the 'spots' are just weird!

Could it be a type of Agate instead?

Kahlie

chrisam-crystals

i reckon it is more likely to be a sort of agate due to the bits of translucencey (?) that is on it.

but it is definitely not bloodstone though.

jue xx

sagewriter

Hm that is a toughy. I originally thought red jasper. However I agree that it could be agate due to the colour. Looks like an agate in disguise, bless it, hehe!

sharpchick

I think it is a dyed agate.

There's a rock shop not far from me that sells agates dyed those deep shades - red, blue and green seem to be their favorites, as they have lots of them.

The last time I stopped by there, I asked them why they don't post a sign saying the stones are dyed. The woman minding the store asked me why I thought it was important to let people know. :eek:

MCsea

I will pop a vote down for 'poppy jasper' and orbicular jasper..
do a google - images you might see something like yours...

MARINA

Purrceyz

I agree it's much too light for bloodstone and it doesn't look like re jasper to me, I think agate.