Tarot Tatto's

Isaacrpgr

I was just wondering,has anyone been immesred in a card so much that the wish to have a tatto of it,Like the following from the Vampire Tarot by Natalie Hertz

The Hanged Man
The Devil
Strength
The Sun
Judgement
The Magician
Death
Justice
The Fool

Also has anyone considered tattoing their bodies with tarot cards or other symbol as so to "absorb power from them",to balance out the certain person(s) negativitys with the cards positivitys or sumthing

I had played around with the idea of getting a Complicated Pentagram Magic Circle on my back if possible,only a fancy,I would be very cautios and i have not decied on ne aprroch but i think i porably won't,
well not till i'm 40 or silly

redflash

I have a triple moon pentacle on my back, it symbolizes my beliefs & is also for protection. The butterfly on my lower back is a symbol of rebirth, I got it after a significantly crap time in my life was ending. My next tattoo is going to be a raven done in a celtic design on the back of my neck, symbolizing the Celtic path I have ended up on & The Goddess who has helped me to start discovering myself, The Morrigan.

I have often thought of getting a tarot card tattoo, the only problem is there are too many decks I like !

The strength card from Nathalie Hertzs Vampire tarot is stunning, I have it as wallpaper on my mobile fone. Also some gorgeous cards in the Londa tarot......

Isaacrpgr

wow

Wow,Is the Pentacle,rather large or small.
I have been playing around the idea of it(well the pentacle one neway) for a few weeks now,All though Once I've become more attached to Wicca,i might.

I never of thoguht using tarot cards a Wallpapers,hmm posters maybe.I can imagine that with people who walk into my room with tarot posters up of vampires and such

Friend:*Walks into room and exclaims "When did you become a goth!
Me:A goth?,no,no there just my tarot cards enlarged

redflash

Its about 4 inches across, there is a spiral goddess tattoo underneath it, sort of holding it up, so its about 5 inches long. I haven't got a picture to put it on here. I love tattoos, theyre addictive ! If I was a man I would be covered in them, but too many on a woman looks terrible.

DawnsLight

Funny this topic came up, because just last night at work I was talking to a girl about getting another tattoo, and how I'd really like one that has to do with tarot, a card from one of my favorite decks, but there are so many cards that I like that it's hard to decide!

I keep looking through the cards in the decks..... ahhh it's so hard to choose just 1!

The only tat I have right now is a long stemmed Peace rose on my right shoulder blade. I would probably get another tat on my other shoulder.

Gayla

My fantasy is to get the Sun from the RWS...but I'm a chicken. I don't have any tat's. I thought about getting a tattoo printing kit to print out a few and see how they would look. I just wish there was more tarot jewelry out there...

euripides

I really love these 'Tarot Casters'

http://www.amuletsbymerlin.com/product/TCSSC

I think an idea like that - an element derived from the card, rather than an entire picture, could work brilliantly as a tattoo.

I'd be cautious of the energies working the wrong way for me (I'm one of those people who invariably put their foot in it, you know...) so do be careful about what you choose.

I remember reading a warning about the Goddess tattoo - like that you have to be sure that you're willing to commit to her... there's a story, I can't quite remember - I think its Odin's Knot - that some people get because of the whole Viking / Celtic thing, but there's a story that followers of Odin tend to die a violent death....

chrisam-crystals

the goddess does not do anything to anyone if they stop to worship her.....love is the essence of her energy. :)

i have 5 tattoos and i am after getting the triple moon on the inside of my left wrist.....but i never seem to have the money for one! :(

jue xx

redflash

OOOOOOOO chrisam, the inside of your wrist will sting a bit !

I never seem to have enough money to get mine either. Still, the longer you have to wait to get one done means that you think about it more & do little changes to the design that make it better.

My first tattoo was an om symbol on the top of my arm. I got it done years ago & it looks rubbish now. I'm going to get it covered up with something else. There are just so many different things I want, but I don't want to end up with loads of them.

When I got the tribal butterfly at the bottom of my back some people were horrified. They all said the same thing "but what about when you get old, they will look awful !?"

To which my reply was " who the hell is going to be looking at my body when I'm old & grey, & anyway it will give the staff in the nursing home something to gossip about"

;)

chrisam-crystals

lol!

that's what i said to my mum!

i have a dragon on my left shoulder, my name on my right shoulder, a lily on my right breast, a black panther from my front left shoulder down to my left breast and a unicorn on my left ankle - the panther hurt like billy-o cos it went over my collarbone....and THAT stung! :D

i just want a simple black triple moon measuring about 1 1/2" across on my wrist, and then i will be happy as a pig in wotsit.

i can't even remember what it felt like having them all done as i was 18 at the time, and i am 32 now! lol

but i've been through childbirth twice with no painkillers, so i think i'll survive....;)

jue xx