TOTALLY freaked out

firecatpickles

I had lost my RWS 6 of Cups from my deck before our move into the new house. I know this because I counted the deck 3 times at 77 cards. I then sorted the deck into suits & major/minor piles. The card that was missing was the 6 of Cups. I ordered a card from US Games to complete the deck, as it is the only deck having been gifted to me and of high sentimental value.

I came home today and was doing a few one-card draws from this deck when I noticed that the cards were reversed. I do not shuffle this way. As I was going through, "fixing" the reversed cards into their appropriate upright positions, I noticed that there was the6 of Cups in addition to the newer 6 of Cups!!! I have no idea where it went or how it got back into the deck, but I am totally freeeeaked out. I say this in a good way.

I guess the purpose of this post is to brag a little, because now I am convinced that I am blessed with a truly magickal deck now!

:grin:

kilty

Lillie

And it has two 6 of cups!

Double the pleasure.

Spooky!

Must be nice to have it back proper.

Moonbow

Looks like a happy home, and some good memories in store to me!

Wierd though, I would be spooked too.... look at the 'why' not the 'how'.

RubyRuby

Moonbow* said:
Looks like a happy home, and some good memories in store to me!

Wierd though, I would be spooked too.... look at the 'why' not the 'how'.

That's what I was thinking. The why. What's the significance of the 6 of cups.

I love when stuff like this happens.

sand dollar

i love the 6 of cups - and i agree with the other posts. why that card? ;-) have you thought on that?

firecatpickles

The first piece of mail I got in my new house was that replacement card from US Games. When I was scrubbing the floors with Murphy's wood soap, after ripping up the carpets, I felt Estelle's presence now and again. I kept getting nostaligic feelings/smells/memories/etc. I felt as if she was combing through my life, getting to know me better. She eventually left. Both my partner & I felt it, when she left, left an empty feeling. Sad like. Leaving a void.

The void has since been filled, and a priestess is coming Sunday to bless the house.

I think that it is this card because of the nostagia normally associated with it. I am thinking of framing the card & placing it in my yoga meditation room I think that would be really cool. It is a beautiful card. And it will be a great focal point when meditating.

DawnsLight

What a wonderful idea to frame the card! And what a neat (and wierd/spooky) experience!

zannamarie

KK,

Before I read your response to the comment about why the card, my impression was:

"Sounds like a childhood memory was hiding from you but now it's safe to come out for you to see."

Sounds like something similar is what happened for you if the void has been filled. Great idea about framing the card.

PS - And I love Murphy's soap for wood. It's great!

Angel Star

Weird that I just stumbled across this post. I had a dream the other night that I was missing a bunch of cards from a tarot deck that I have no idea if I even have it. I didn't recognize any of the cards. In the dream the cards did not look familiar at all. I wonder what this could mean? Interesting that you came across you 6 of cups. Very weird.

brenmck

kilts_knave said:
The void has since been filled, and a priestess is coming Sunday to bless the house.

What void has been filled, and by what or by whom? If Estelle was behind the missing card trick, it seems to me that she is playfully telling you that she wants you there, giving you the "comforts of home" message. That missing card experience was a direct communication to you, and for some reason I'm feeling she wants your Tarot associates to be aware of her, too - as though we were her allies in getting your full attention.
Otherwise, why a Tarot card? Why not keys, or important papers, or your favorite can opener?
6 of Cups - giving and receiving.
I hope the priestess can open the channel so you can fully know what this connection is.
I know you'll fill us in, KK! :cool4:

~B~