Have you asked one question & got something else?

Heavensent

I wanted to know if anyone ever asked your cards one question, got an answer and the cards proceded to try and tell you something else? This happened to me yesterday. The cards answered my question (see post "Just wanted to see if he would speak") but tried to tell me something else I think. I wanted to know if I was the only one this has happened to.

decimortis

i've always believed that you can ask any question you want with your mouth, but it's your mind that asks the questions the cards pick up. like, if you ask about your career path, but its a personal relationship thats really eating at you, the cards will most likely spread out to answer the "unasked" question.

its happened during my readings more than once.
and really surprises the querent when you mention what you see.

the ol' "how could you possibly know" expression. :)

decimortis

Strawberry Bombe

I agree with decimortis. I find that the cards will deal with the biggest issue in your life at any given time, not necessarily the one you happen to be thinking about. To be honest, once I got used to this idea I started finding what I was seeing in the cards far more useful than when I was trying to make them fit whatever question I had asked.

zannamarie

Heavensent said:
I wanted to know if anyone ever asked your cards one question, got an answer and the cards proceded to try and tell you something else? This happened to me yesterday. The cards answered my question (see post "Just wanted to see if he would speak") but tried to tell me something else I think. I wanted to know if I was the only one this has happened to.
I think all parts of our life are interrelated. So even though we think we are getting an answer to a different question, I think it may be a case that we didn't realize the second issue was actually a part of the first issue (the original question). That's the beauty of tarot, it gives us access to to unconscious mind and of things of which we may not be aware.

decimortis said:
if you ask about your career path, but its a personal relationship thats really eating at you, the cards will most likely spread out to answer the "unasked" question.
Personal relationships can most certainly affect our careers or even just how we view our careers. So I wouldn't necessarily see this as answering a different question.