PDA

View Full Version : Pink Granite..does anyone know anything about it ?

memries
04-10-2006, 10:38
I saw at an outdoor rock supplier who had for sale the most beautiful large pink granite rocks and realized since my childhood I had loved pieces of pink granite but always considered it quite common as I kept finding it. Now I am not so sure and wonder if it has qualities of which I am unaware. Any help is good as I do not know a thing except it is pretty and I am drawn to it.

lark
04-10-2006, 13:59
delete please

floracove
04-10-2006, 21:33
Cool!

A couple of years ago, I bought a slab of pink granite. It's not quite as long as the keyboard, but a bit wider, squared at one end, and a bit tapered at the other.

Pretty, figured to use it in a garden once I get us a place to call home, right now it's boxed up in the storage unit. :(

it is a good electrical conductor and can be used to enhance the energy transfer from a healer, or from other minerals, to the subject of the healing.

It can be used to align the chakras and to order the connection between the ethereal and physical nervous systems.

Graphite is a "stone of personal freedom" it helps you to take charge...and to enter into those things that are "calling you."

It improves writing abitlities and mathematical astuteness, and stimulates thought.
spinal dis-alignment,

I'm thinking now, as a lot of this stands out to me, (thanks for the info lark) that perhaps this piece should be used on my altar, once I am able to place one.

lark
05-10-2006, 02:31
By the size of it flora it sounds like it would make a great top for a free standing alter.

floracove
05-10-2006, 09:22
I think so to, but I have no idea what it could 'stand on', as it is just a slab. I'd worry that it would fall over and get someone's toes, more than likely my own, but rather my own, than my kids.
:)

I did have a picture of it, but I'm thinking now since I can't find it, that it must be on my old computer...

lark
05-10-2006, 09:30
I made one outside and I used legs that you can buy for cement benches.
You can buy the legs separately and lay the slab across the top.
It's nice and sturdy.
Mine's not a beautiful piece of granite though..I wish! :)

sharpchick
05-10-2006, 09:52
It's nice and sturdy.

That would be so beautiful.

memries
05-10-2006, 09:53
Hello Lark.. thanks so much for the in depth information about granite.

I just suddenly realized I had been drawn to it all my life but ignored it and have a slew of other specimens. I always seem to collect amethysts and bought a beautiful bracelet as well. I have a lot of those raw and polished.

What you listed was just great and thanks again.. Dorothy P.S. I am going to try to put a picture of it on here and hope I succeed.

floracove
05-10-2006, 10:04
It's nice and sturdy.

Well I'll be, I had no idea you could buy cement legs seprate from cement benches, I'll have to look around and see what I can find.
Thanks.

lark
05-10-2006, 10:24
I feel so stupid I wrote about gaphite instead of granite!!!!
So here's what Melody says about GRANITE!

Granite is primarily composed of quartz and feldspar.
It comes in grey, black, pink, white, and yellow/brown.

Granite can be used to enable one to "see the big picture" instead of being in the mind-set to "see only the puddle, when there is an ocean waiting."
It helps to banish the negative traits of skepticism and to train the user in the difference between beliefs and "knowing."

It helps one maintain balance in relationships and cooperative efforts, facilitating diplomacy and discretion in all matters.
It also enables one to "nip in the bud" disagreeable situations right from the start.

It has been revered in ancient times by the Mayan nation, and more recently by the aboriginal tribes, to be sacred, magical stone; it offers protection and prosperity. it brings an increase in money.

Granite can be used in the treatment of disorders with the hair, face and head.

Vibrates to the number 2.

I'll delete my other post so as not to confuse others who might read this thread...so sorry.

memries
05-10-2006, 10:28
I managed to get the picture of the bracelet on. It is very heavy and thick.

sharpchick
05-10-2006, 22:02
And it is simply gorgeous, Memries.

ravenest
07-10-2006, 11:23
I think so to, but I have no idea what it could 'stand on', as it is just a slab. I'd worry that it would fall over and get someone's toes, more than likely my own, but rather my own, than my kids.

depending on wether its in or outdoors and permanently placed or not.

We made a large outdoor circle with different types of polished slabs for each 1/4 altar (got them v.cheap from stone place as 'offcuts'). We set them by burying a post in the ground and putting this special glue on the wood and gluing the slab in place to the flat top of the pole. The glue worked so well that when the innevitible 'accident' finally happened the edge of the slab broke before the glue bond.

floracove
07-10-2006, 21:03
wow, thanks ravenest.
And glue is stronger than stone, that's interesting, but I know what you mean.
;)