For the Experienced Astrologers...

NightWing

...here, I have a simple question (from a complete novice). My birthday happened to coincide with a full moon. Is there any significance to this, or is it simply a pleasant coincidence?

I've had one person tell me that it is very auspicious. More than that, I have no idea.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Persephone37

It has quite a meaning if you want to ask that. But what meaning - for that we would need to know your birth details (birthplace, birthdate, birthtime). I understand that you don't want to post that in a forum.

Regards
Petra

Voron

Sun opposite Moon

The simplest meaning of a Full Moon in a natal chart is that your Sun is Opposite your Moon. The energies tend to run contrary to each other.

For example, with a Libra Sun, Aries Moon, the ego/rational mind identifies with beauty, peace, balance, fairness, symmetry, consideration, and avoiding conflict. Yet the trans-rational emotional side would be impulsive, decisive, self-interested and have a strong need for conquering challenges and developing courage....the me-vs-you tension would be central to that person's character.

Or are you talking about a full moon just this year?

There's a thing known as a Solar Return chart, which is supposed to give a forecast for the coming year, cast for when the Sun returns to the same degree when you were born -- that chart then would exhibit the SoLunar oppositional tension.

Fulgour

I see you were born on October 6th...
so then THIS YEAR indeed there was a
Full Moon on your Birthday! :) Cheers!