Halloween rituals?????

darkmoon84

Hi, do you do any rituals for Halloween? Anything for that night? Besides Halloween spreads is there anything special or different that you do with your tarot cards?

Elnor

I have done rituals where I will place a Tarot card out for each quarter, focusing on which of their traits or characteristics I need to work on.

For example; I'm not very good at being self-nurturing, so one time I placed the Empress on the northern side of the table I use for an altar- then asked the Earth elemental to help me develop better skills in this area.

I've been getting the Seven of Pentacles a lot in readings for myself recently- I might need to think about using that card for Earth in my next ritual!

I would like to do a special reading or ritual for Samhain this year... will need to think about what I need to do. In the 'Tarot Spreads' forum there was one (for the Ancestors? I think it was called that) I would like to try.

Blessings-
Elnor

sharpchick

I don't do Halloween rituals.

I do divination on Samhain, though. It might be with tarot cards or not. One tarot spread consists of eight cards laid out in the shape of the wheel, and each card is to be interpreted as the type of energy that will be present on or around the Sabbat it represents. Start with Samhain at 12:00 and move sunwise through the other Sabbats.

Shade

Rachel Pollack's book Forest Of Soul's has a great reading which she first performed on Samhain and recommends it for use in the coming year. In her book she uses it as a reading about the beginning and progress of creation. I used it last year and will do so again this year on Halloween.

Tarotphelia

In the past , I have enjoyed Halloween readings for the dead with friends . You pick a dead person to read for , from any past time, ask whatever questions you'd like to know , and see what comes up.