Any recommendations for Green Tea?

Gemini Rising

Hello everyone!

I've always been a tea drinker (unusual for a 15 year old boy, but then again, so are Tarot cards!), and recently I've been experimenting with green tea, white tea, etc, and I was wondering exactly what I should be looking for. So far, I've been judging it on taste (I like sweet, and usually add some honey), but I want to find tea that will be healthy for me. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for brands, kinds, what herbs to look for...anything would be great! I'm going to have a Vitamin Shoppe built near me soon, so I don't think anything will be impossible for me to get.

Thank you very much for your input!
~Nicky

Briar Rose

http://www.wildlilytearoom.com/tea_room/index.html

I hope I can post that link. I came across Wildlily Tea Room looking for tea, just like you.

And if you get the chance try mixing Strawberry tea, and Camomile together. It's an old Victorian recipe for very vivid dreams. (strawberry tea is hard to find).

wheeloffortune

Don't worry. As a 17 year old, I always drink a cup of herbal tea before I go to bed. It's one of my comfort rituals, really. :p

Chamomile is wonderful for stomach comfort and something fragrant, not too sweet and overall pleasantness. If you wanted a sweeter one, then Blackcurrent will do.

Japanese Green Tea has always been a favourite with me: light taste, very different from Chinese Green Tea, and delicious. I'm sure you would enjoy Japanese Green Tea.

Cheers!
wheeloffortune

chrisam-crystals

any type of tea that comes form the tea plant is good for you - green tea and the usual tea that you get in any shop.

it is when you add milk to it that the antioxidant properties become null and void, so always drink it with just some sugar or honey added to it.

try honeybush tea or rooibos tea as the flavour is lovely! :)

and chamomile and spiced apple is just divine at this time of year.

jue xx

aaquwaa

Hi there,
Just a really good plain green tea is "Good Earth Green Tea Blend"
Its available at most supermarkets and natural food stores and coops. It has a picture of Kang on the box. It has lemongrass in it, and tastes and smells wonderful. I don't even sweeten it. It also has a little chinese saying on each teabag. :) I'm addicted to it. My daughter drank it last winter and didn't get sick any.
aaquwaa

wheeloffortune

chrisam-crystals said:
any type of tea that comes form the tea plant is good for you - green tea and the usual tea that you get in any shop.

it is when you add milk to it that the antioxidant properties become null and void, so always drink it with just some sugar or honey added to it.

try honeybush tea or rooibos tea as the flavour is lovely! :)

and chamomile and spiced apple is just divine at this time of year.

jue xx

I used to hate Rooibos tea. Said it tasted like medicine... lol.

Now I do enjoy it, but it does have a strong flavour to it. Honeybush, I really liked!

God bless!
Wheel of Fortune.

memries

I have heard if you have allergies do not drink chamomile at that time of the year.
I think I am getting into this tea thing. I love Green Tea but have not ventured into some of the herbal teas yet. I like Jasmine very much so there must be a whole world of tea out there for me !
It will be interesting to watch this thread.

Little Baron

I drink a lot of Nettle tea.

LB

Flavio

I think Yamamotoyama is the most worldwide known original japanese green tea brand it produces tea in sachets and also packed for you to use in spoons. Look for it at Deli shops and chinese import shops.

sagewriter

I have a few herbal teas, I love spicy flavours! my favourite green tea is a jasmine scented one by "Double Dragon". I went home and my step-dad started raving about a new green tea he found, turns out it was the same one I was drinking, hehe! He also likes the one scented with Gingko Biloba (we I just discovered in my psychology lecture is a very good drink to stimulate the brain, that and sage.....must stock up!!!)