Do you like to know the Querent's question or not?

buddhagoddess

I have been reading in a few books that some practitioners do prefer to have the Querent say their questions or concerns out loud, while some say it is not necessary. I personally like to know specifically what the Querent wants to know so I can focus more on the reading. I also feel that I won't be as accurate and will go off on all kind of tangents that don't pertain to the Querent if I don't know the question. I haven't tried a "blind" reading yet though so I am just running on assumptions.

Do you prefer to have the question/concern said out loud or do you just read the cards "blind" to what the Querent wants to know?

princessofpelaw

Ive read the cards both ways before, and I find if you know the question you can focus more, as the cards can relate in different aspects, I did a reading blind, although it seemed good for her she used the same cards to answer her Question and found the answer herself x hope I havnt confused you x

floracove

I've done both, but I actually perfer the blind reading.
They consentrate on their question, I tell em what I see in the cards.
I feel like with a blind reading, there's no pressure, and I just go with it, I just am more comfortable with it like that.

Sulis

I prefer to know the question.

Sakura Murasaki

Yes, I prefer to know the question. :) I want to give the best interpretations possible, so it's helpful to know what I am asking of the Tarot for the reader.

Fallen Angel

As a kinda beginner (ive only recently started reading for others) i would prefer to know the question, but I find some of my friends are a little sceptical of giving me too much information so I just ask for a general idea, like topic, love/relationship/career/money etc.

I tried doing a completely blind one and just wasnt confident enough, although at the end of the reading my friend said that I had got quite a few things right.
I suppose confidence comes with time?

Kenny

Fallen Angel said:
I suppose confidence comes with time?

That or with skill or your ability to trust yourself. :)
It just takes time... :D

celticnoodle

confidence does come with time---i've heard that before too, and am learning that as i continue learning the tarot.

i like doing readings both ways. if it is a new person i am reading for, and they don't offer a question/topic, i usually do a blind reading & don't ask for a question. if it works--great, if not, i ask them then- what topic/question they'd like an answer for and can re-do a reading.

i was told by other readers to try blind readings on occaision as a way to learn to read, and i have found it helpful as well as a great confidence booster! however, most of my "return" clients usually have a topic or question they want a reading for and let me know right up front.

i guess it's what you are most comfortable with, like anything else in tarot.

Fallen Angel

celticnoodle said:
i was told by other readers to try blind readings on occaision as a way to learn to read, and i have found it helpful as well as a great confidence booster!

Great idea Celticnoodle,

You are right, every now and then to build me up :)

Whitestar

I prefer to know the question...if the question is about a relationship vs. work, for instance, it may change the way I interpret the cards/spread.