In-person vs Over-the-phone

abella

Hey all...
I figure this is something I "should" know and I sort of "do" know but I'm still stunned.... *grin*

A lot of my clients want to see me in-person but I feel as if the reading goes along much better if they just do over-the-phone. I say that because there are no "distractions". Distractions would be: my sterile office (not psychic looking) and my person (my look is distracting... *smile*).

I actually think that most people get better reads from me over-the-phone though I LOVE in-person readings when I'm doing them for "free". Strange?

If you would like to challenge me, awesome -- I need to be challenged. And if you can remember back to when you were a seeker and not attempting to earn a living at reading Tarot, I would love your thoughts too.

Cheers!

dadsnook2000

A basic principle of any business . . .

Client = Customer = Allways right. If your customer wants a face-to-face then that's what you need to offer, assuming that this is feasible in terms of proximity and time-frames/schedules. If you don't want to do face-to-face, then just make that statement about your business offering. If you want the client's business then just smile and go along with their request. Dave

abella

dadsnook2000 said:
Client = Customer = Allways right. If your customer wants a face-to-face then that's what you need to offer, assuming that this is feasible in terms of proximity and time-frames/schedules. If you don't want to do face-to-face, then just make that statement about your business offering. If you want the client's business then just smile and go along with their request. Dave

Oh I hear you Dave. :) Thing is, my values and mission go against this and those values and mission sort of go against business. I'm working on Thoth's Temperance though in making the two work together. *grin*

But more than this, "why" do you think clients want face-to-face? Is it disbelief that any other method won't work (I get that a lot), atmosphere/entertainment, etc... Curious... :)

Sulis

I think that seeing someone face to face makes the client / customer feel more special. It seems more personal somehow.

With a phone conversation, neither of you can see the other's expression etc and I know from moderating on these forums that communication when you cannot see someone's face can be difficult.

I think that a face to face encounter just seems to be more of an event than a phone call and there is actual, physical proximity....if someone is upset, you're actually there with them.

The phone is a sort of barrier between two people - with a face to face encounter there is no barrier.

Apollonia

I agree with Sulis--I think there is a feeling of connection in a face to face situation that just isn't there when it's over the phone. There is the trust issue, as well--people want to look in your eyes when you tell them something important.

What I want to know is, of course, what about your person you think is distracting. I've seen your photo from your website and I think you look cool and psychic as all get out.

From a seeker's point of view, in the past when I had readings, I was so concerned with myself and how I came across, what I needed to remember about the reading, etc., I doubt I would have noticed much about the reader unless they had three eyes or something. I just thought they were cool beyond cool to have this talent and be willing to share it with me.