Tea with allergies?

Azarial

Lately, I've been thinking about starting to drink tea. But, I have really bad seasonal allergies, so I am a little concerned that I may drink some tea and end up being allergic to it! So, I was wondering if anyone with allergies has ever drank tea and had some ill effects.

-Pamela

Papageno

some teas are yin (female) and others are yang (male)

very simple example: flowery teas such as jasmine are potently yin.
smokey black teas are yang.

be cautious how you use tea and other herbals when you have a allergy or illness.

Azarial

Yeah, I was looking for some types of teas that won't interfere with allergies. I read that Green Tea was actually good for allergies, where as you should stay away from Chamomile Tea if you have allergies. Which I'm not very happy about because many years ago I drank Chamomile Tea to help with menstrual cramps.

-Pamela

chrisam-crystals

pamela, what sort of allergies do you have?

jue xx

Whitestar

I think I recall that the problem with chamomile can occur if you are allergic to dandelions....same with echinacea. I'm not sure whether it is because if you are allergic to one you tend to be allergic to the other, or if it's an issue of possible contamination.

I do know people who are sensitive to echinacea and can't take it.

And if you are allergic to kiwi you should not drink a tea with milk thistle in it.

The HERB teas tend to be related to possible allergy problems, but teas of real tea leaves (white, black, green) not so much!!!!

Azarial

Well, I've never had tests done to see what I'm allergic too, but I get a bad case of allergy attacks every spring and fall. Right now I have them so bad that I'm on penicillin from a ear, sinus and throat infection.

-Pamela

Purrceyz

From what I've heard camomile is a no-no for people who are allergic to ragweed - a common fall allergy (like myself).

Azarial

Yeah, I was going to stay away from Chamomile. I definately don't need to get sicker.

-Pamela

Papageno

when on antibiotics drink GALLONS of water. not tea. not coffee, not juice.

Papageno

do NOT do this while you're on antibiotics but

normally, if I feel like I'm catching a bug , or not, I find vinegar is a an excellent supplement. for the past 4 years since I've been doing the vinegar thing I have NOT had one cold or flu while veryone else around me in the office is hacking wheezing and burning up with fever.

don't laugh, it's old fashioned folk medicine and it works. nowadays they call it holistic but our forbearers took these things for granted as common sense.