PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Ball

thinbuddha
17-10-2006, 04:26
Helvetica's post about her obsidian mirror as well as other references to scrying have led me on a path that has resulted in me being gifted with a natural quartz crystal ball. It is about 4 inches in diameter, and fairly clear for a natural crystal ball- no small gift, I know.

So here I am- a complete novice wanting to scry. Does anyone have any input? There sems to be such a lot of contradictory suggestions out there as to how to scry. Does anyone here do this successfully? Any suggestions for the newbie?

Thanks

-tb

sharpchick
17-10-2006, 07:46
I'd just give you the same advice I did Helvetica in her thread on the obsidian scrying mirror.

I've not tried scrying with clear or opaque stones. I would think your candles would need to be at some distance in order to keep from seeing the actual flame and being distracted by it.

I'm sure there are others who use quartz to scry in though - and my guess is they will be along soon enough.

celticnoodle
17-10-2006, 11:12
thinbuddha, i am certaintly not an expert, but a novice, like you. however, i was told of a great book on crystal ball reading, (though, i've yet to purchase it!) and maybe you should check it out. It is called "Crystal Ball Gazing" 'The complete guide to choosing and reading your crystal ball' by Uma Silbey.

I know it is available at Amazon.com and is not very expensive. In fact, last time i checked it out there on amazon.com, you were able to access the first few pages to read, and it did seem to very thorough.

I have not yet ordered a copy, because whenever I get some extra money, it seems to find it's way to yet another tarot book first!

If you do purchase this book though, and find it useful, I'd be grateful if you could let me know. Maybe Santa will give it to me for Christmas! :)

thinbuddha
17-10-2006, 11:31
It is called "Crystal Ball Gazing" 'The complete guide to choosing and reading your crystal ball' by Uma Silbey.

Thanks for the second hand reccomendation. I have seen that book and others on Amazon, but been reluctant to buy because, well, so many books on related subjects turn out to be empty fluff. Maybe I'll check it out since you heard it was good.

However-

I really do wonder if there is much that a book (or other forum member) can teach us.... It seems to me, from the little information that I've been able to find, that scrying is really something personal that you have to learn from personal experience. I base this partially on all the wildly different suggestions i've found on the web (many contradict each other on several points).

Is it that someone can point you in the right direction, but you still have to make your own path, or can there really be a step by step guide? I certainly don't know the answer to that question- I'm not even sure if it is a valid question at this point as it is based on a lot of speculation on my part. Still, it's something to think about.

-tb

huredriel
17-10-2006, 18:44
I've got a scrying mirror and clear quartz crystal ball ...... haven't seen anything in either yet. However, that's probably because I don't practice enough! I've seen it mentioned that you should practice about once a day ...... for up to 10-15 mins.

Hope that helps :)

x Huredriel

Briar Rose
17-10-2006, 23:37
Sometimes during the scrying you don't actually *see* anything vivid, like a movie picture. Mostly it's going to be a strong intuition that you'll *see* in your mind's eye, or feel with every inch of your bones! If you scry, be sure to ask out loud first for a message to come your way, be open.

Maybe when you sleep, what's on your mind first thing might be the answers you are seeking.

So many objects can be used for scrying. I bet so many of us are very intuitive, scry, and aren't aware and thought we just blanked out for a minute! Like the times we stare at an object while waiting in line, or daydreaming, looking into something shiney. Couldn't that be a form of scrying? Then all of the sudden we think~ I just brainstormed this idea...and all the while it was scrying that brought the idea to us.

Does this makes sense?

Keep me posted. I love to hear about scrying.

Alissa
18-10-2006, 00:20
I really do wonder if there is much that a book (or other forum member) can teach us.... It seems to me, from the little information that I've been able to find, that scrying is really something personal that you have to learn from personal experience.
-tbWell, that's why I haven't popped on. How do you teach someone to laugh... you don't. They just laugh, or they don't. Scrying is so intimate that way.

I just got my very first crystall ball, it's just like yours tb, a 4" clear crystal sphere. My best friend Autumn has been crystal reading for years and years, she's a natural, and she bought me mine for my birthday. I've only started using it, but thus far, I totally agree with what you said. The symbols are personal. The things you see and what intuitive jumps you make? That's so personal.

If I had to equate it with anything, it's like when I read Tarot and I let my eye gaze over the card without focusing. I just stop looking in order to really See. A flower might "pop" at me, or maybe something funny about the man's shoe... and then those symbols mean something else ("Have you just come back from a trip or vacation? Travel of some sort?")

In general, I've noticed that the candle suggestion given above is great - the hard thing is getting over the glare and the reflections on the surface of the ball. I hunch over the ball and put it on a solid (dark) background - I used my sweatshirt jacket one day, doesn't have to be fancy schmancy. But that helped me to see into the ball, instead of looking at all the crazy stuff on top (if that makes sense).

Lastly, Autumn and I did an "exercise" together, in case you have someone you want to try this with. She put an image in the ball, and I'd see if I could get it. It was so cool! As I looked into the ball, I could see a white flower, with black spaces between the petals, and there was this large middle part to the flower, like a huge black-eyed susan, it stood way way up from the petals.

I described what I saw to her, and Autumn laughed. She had put the image of a whirling dervish in the ball, wearing white with the black panels.... So cool! Now, did I get dervish? No. Did I get something? Oh yea!

When we tried the reverse, me putting an image in... Autumn defaulted into reading mode and gave me a reading when she looked in (grins).

Enjoy it and remember to play! Have fun! :D

Galatea
18-10-2006, 01:15
What do you think about those fused quartz crystal balls as opposed to the natural quartz?

Does anybody know a good place to buy large crystal balls, 8 inches or so?

thinbuddha
18-10-2006, 01:40
Thanks for the long post Alissa. I prettymuch thought that I would have to discover for myself- even if there was a good book to read, it probably can't help me get where I need to be.

Does anybody know a good place to buy large crystal balls, 8 inches or so?

I've seen fairly large fused quartz balls on ebay for cheap prices. I have a friend that has a *huge* natural crystal ball. I think it must be 12 inches or so (it's been a while since I've seen it). I do know that he paid "over $3000" for it- which is out of my league. The fused quartz balls are much cheaper, and can probably be found in a similar size for lesss than $300.

Just from looking around the web, some people seem to prefer fused quartz over natural quartz because they are completely clear, while others prefer the patterns that the natural quartz inclusions make. I prefer the natural myself--- but I haven't scryed, so take that for what it's worth.

-tb

Little Baron
18-10-2006, 01:47
I only have a clear ball. But it is just glass, I think. My Dad bought it for me. It is not really big but bigger than some I have seen. Does anyone use one like that?

LB

thinbuddha
19-10-2006, 04:25
I only have a clear ball........Does anyone use one like that?

I can't speak from experience, but from what I've seen on the net, it appears that clear quartz balls are prefered by many who scry. Even if it is a glass ball, you should be able to use it- but don't assume that because it doesn't have inclusions that it can't be quartz- they can melt down quartz and work with it like glass.

Little Baron
19-10-2006, 06:10
Thanks TB. I have been trying a little (recommended 10 mins at a time) but so far, nothing has happened. Getting the lighting right etc is a problem. Have been lighting distant candles but still manage to see my reflection.

LB

thinbuddha
19-10-2006, 09:01
I've seen it suggested that you place the candle behind you so that no candle light falls directly on your face or the ball. I really haven't had the time alone to do much- and I'm having a hard time picturing how this set up will work, but you might give it a try.

Emily
19-10-2006, 20:54
Thanks TB. I have been trying a little (recommended 10 mins at a time) but so far, nothing has happened. Getting the lighting right etc is a problem. Have been lighting distant candles but still manage to see my reflection.

LB

This is the problem I get also - I can get so distracted by light playing around the globe, then colour seems to reflect off everything and ends up in the globe too. When I first bought my crysal ball, its clear crystal, my 9 yr old got so excited because he thought he could see a rainbow in it, it was very pretty but it was just relections.

I had a bit of a breakthrough a few months ago, I saw clouds but nothing I could make sense of and that never happened again.

I can scry much easier on something that has a little colour to it, there is a cream marble tile I use that always gives me animals and little scenes but again its very hard to make sense of them.

sharpchick
19-10-2006, 23:10
I can scry much easier on something that has a little colour to it, there is a cream marble tile I use that always gives me animals and little scenes but again its very hard to make sense of them.

I don't worry about making sense of what I see at the time (unless the meaning or connection is obvious), but I do journal what I see so I can review it over time. If I cannot tell what an image is, I try to draw it in my journal and sometimes over time, it becomes clearer.

celticnoodle
20-10-2006, 00:29
Emily & all, my daughter also has a crystal ball and she has very good luck with hers. she uses hers more than i do mine though. she did as LittleBuddha mentioned, started out only scrying 10 minutes at a time, as after that she would get tired and a headache. now though, she seems to get 'lost' in it spending many minutes scrying and she sees many things.

just before she began to see images, she could see the clouds forming, as you mentioned, emily. this encouraged her and she kept with it, so Emily, if you are seeing clouds, just stick with it for awhile. When she first began to see images, she did not know how or what to make of them until I mentioned looking the images up in dream book. tehn it all began to make sense to her. now she is seeing lots of things with people she knows in it, both living and deceased. she says it is like a mini movie or television show. sometimes it is still hard for her to decipher all that she sees, but she also gets a gut feeling with the meanings or symbols along with the 'pictures' of the people. these symbols she still looks up in a dream book, and then all begins to make sense.

i guess the ball is what is good for her, and as much as i wish i could use the ball too, i am more drawn to teh cards. she also has tarot cards, but is more drawn to the ball. to each their own, but i will still occaisionally draw out my ball to try.

Emily
21-10-2006, 01:46
Hi celticnoodle,

I never thought of looking up images in a dream book - your daughter describes it well - when I use my tile it is like a mini movie, you move your eyes for a second and the image will change and something else will be clearer. But I can't make out what these images try to say to me.

I'd love to be able to use my crystal ball like I do the tile - thanks for the suggestion of using a dream book. :)

thinbuddha
21-10-2006, 05:24
It has been one of those weeks- I haven't had a lot of time at night to do much with my crystal ball. I have spent a lot of time looking at it, but not so much when things are quiet and the environment is right for quiet contemplation.

Last night, I finally got a bit of time. I can see that this is going to take some practice- learning how to let go. I was surprised to have some results on my first go. I saw the haze forming that so many people talk about as being a step that comes after weeks of trying- But the thing is that as soon as it starts forming- the very instant- my eye tries to lock on it, and it goes away. So I'm thinking that it will be best if I can learn to see without looking. It sounds like something I can do, but it may be harder than it sounds.

Here was a page that had some interesting things to say about getting started:

http://www.homestead.com/crystalforest1/howtoscry.html

To quote from the helpful page:

This is a very important exercise to master if you are new to scrying or are having trouble receiving images. It will aid your "visual imagination," which allows your psychic and physical eyes to see clearly together. It gives clairvoyant strength.

Sit before your mirror and begin to imagine objects on its surface, one after another. You should try to see these images clearly in the mirror with your eyes open, just as if they were there in reality. Try simple shapes or colors first. Hold onto the image of each shape, object or color one minute before dissolving it and going on to the next. For example, use a red triangle, a yellow square, a blue circle and silver crescent; see them appear in the mirror using your firm imagination. For best results, do this exercise every day for 15 minutes until it is mastered.

This exercise is well worth the effort; it gives magickal discipline and strengthens the inner eye so visions can come with clarity and ease.

I can see continuing this exercize with progressively more complex shapes, adding multiple colors, movements- all the way up to real objects and people.

Now I'm not sure how to make the transition from projecting images to receiving images, but this seems like a reasonable place to start if you are having troubles seeing anything at all.

-tb

Mi-Shell
21-10-2006, 13:42
Hi there! Since many years I use crystal balls and other aids to go into trance and "see"
A crystal ball in itself acts as nothing other than a "psychological disturber" for the optic nerve: when you look closely at the convex? outer shape of the ball both your eyes focus on / in a different angle and the combined picture does not match to a concrete picture that the brain can read and therefore it partially switches of.If you stare into the middle of the ball nothing will happen because your optic nerves will transmit one coherent picture to the brain, that can be interpreted by yout phantasy or even worse- your thoughts.....
On the other hand being still and just gazing = without thinking, checking and evaluating = getting your mind empty like in meditation, puts you into an Alpha brain wave state. That is when you start to see the" milky clouds" Then it depends if you have a predilection for full trance = theta state. That is when you will "see"!!
I can use a crystal ball for that or just a bowl with any liquid, since I go into full trance easy. I also use drums and drumming as another "psychological disturber" to access trance, ( I drum on a regular= daily basis and often also put my clients "under" like that..) You also can use other forms of music - or a dripping faucet -- or driving in heavy snow = a big problem, when you live up here in Ontario....
to gaze effectively you have to know your range of vision so that you put the crystal so close that both your eyes transmit a different picture. For me ( without glasses) that is 6.5 to 8 cm away from my eyeballs
Have fun!
Mi-Shell

thinbuddha
22-10-2006, 01:58
If you stare into the middle of the ball nothing will happen because your optic nerves will transmit one coherent picture to the brain, that can be interpreted by yout phantasy or even worse- your thoughts.....

Hi MiShell, thanks for the reply. Am I reading this right? Are you saying that you have had better success when focusing your eyes to the outter surface of the ball? It seems like everywhere else I've seen reference to crystal ball scrying, they say they are looking into the center of the ball.

Also, it sounds like you are describing the effect of seeing a double image of the ball that your brain can't stitch together because the ball is so close to your face- It's helpfull to hear someone say this- because the whole idea of "defocusing" your eyes brings on this double vision effect, and nobody else has said this, so I wasn't sure if I was understanding the "defocusing" in the right way.

-tb

celticnoodle
22-10-2006, 02:27
thinbuddha, the exercises you mentioned sound like a great idea and i'm going to try that. i'lll keep you posted.

Mi-Shell
22-10-2006, 03:34
Hi Thinbuddha!
Yes, you are right!
The crazy thing is also that many people think they can see better with a LARGE crystal ball--- but there the curvature is less and therefore the brain has an easier time stitching together an "accurate picture" wherelse a small ball with higher curvature gives faster results....
However, people who stare =focus into their ball will eventually -hopefully stop thinking and so go into a meditative state eyes open.-- or they get their phantasie going and imagine away....
.......After all that ball was expensive and there have to be some results........
They however are not in a trance state since the neocortex is not shut of and an EEG would show Alpha waves not Theta. (I was a study experiment candidate for mapping brainwaves over 30 years ago at the university and it freaked the MDs out seeing someone with full theta waves that was not sound asleep or brain damaged but could see what was going on in the next room.... We were tested with 210 beat/ min drum pattern, idiosyncratic gong and bell sounds and a light sphere that was
~ 18 cm across and did not work as well as a small crystal ball.)
At some point the eyes give up to stitch the picture together, the brain stops trying to make sense of the garbled info and you slip into an altered state.
The other thing is some people try soooooo hard not to blink --- with the effect that they for sure stay cramped up in full Betha wave alert every day consciousness. = they out-tricked themselves and Mother Nature!
however once your brain learns that it actually is supposed to "shut down" when You settle in front of your crystal ball--- or with your drum for that matter it will know what to do and .... oh well ti is like riding a bike = once you did it you will always be able to ...
Then the next question is : Are you intuitive mediumistic shamanistic by nature/ genes or whatever and can you "See" = go into the collective unconscious and find what you are ment to see or are you just seeing personal shit (sometimes helpful too) and what I call "space junk".......

....like last night when, I after writing the post I sat in front of my crystal ball - inspired by you all out there - and saw that the hunt camp 3 km down the road had actually shot another moose and it was now hanging there to bleed out.... YEIKHSZ!
That was "Space Junk" I was not looking for and did not need to know and get upset about....
.... Unless I get up and out there right now and ask them if they are going to use the hides or if I could get them for tanning , since they throw them away anyway......
Mi-Shell

Embla
22-10-2006, 06:03
Thank you for all your interesting posts Mi-Shell. What sizes would you recommend for crystal balls? And what do you think about the difference between natural quartz balls and melted down/fused crystal balls?

Mi-Shell
22-10-2006, 07:51
Thank you for all your interesting posts Mi-Shell. What sizes would you recommend for crystal balls? And what do you think about the difference between natural quartz balls and melted down/fused crystal balls?

Hi Embla!
Oh well I do not know!
Smaller is more effective, if you want to trance.
BIIIIG may have many sparkling inclusions.... they can trigger a wealth of imagination ......
And then there is your pocket book to think about (mine too!!)
A glas bowl/ flower vase made from crackled glas at the local Thrift Shop might be just the thing to get!
??? natural quartz versus melted down/fused crystal -??????
If "it" speaks to you- get it!!!
The scrying power is not in the crystal ball but inside you!
Good luck!
Mi-Shell

Embla
22-10-2006, 09:47
Thank you Mi-Shell for sharing your thoughts and for reaffirming that the power is within me and within us all!

charmed1980
25-10-2006, 12:39
Ok...now I know I'm new to all this, but for some reason I thought "scrying" was the crystal pendulum over a map searching for someone... or is that just hollywood's version?

thinbuddha
26-10-2006, 03:58
It is called "Crystal Ball Gazing" 'The complete guide to choosing and reading your crystal ball' by Uma Silbey.

I happened to catch this book in a used book store, so I grabbed it. After having read most of it, I can report that it is good and has a lot of ideas in it that are very different from the ideas I've seen elsewhere. For instance, she is the first person I've seen who suggests using a well lit sphere in a darkened room (most people seem to suggest dim lighting with only indirect light on the sphere). She also prefers natural spheres, where most others seem to prefer the clear lab grown quartz spheres.

I also grabbed another book from the same store: "Crystal Gazing and Clairvoyance" by John Melville. I haven't read much of this one yet, but once I do, I'll let you know how it is.

In regards to scrying, I've never seen it used to refer to use of a pendulum:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scrying

celticnoodle
26-10-2006, 04:37
oh good & thank you thinbuddha for the information on that book. i will most definately order a copy now from amazon.com. do let us know how you like the 2nd book as well.

thinbuddha
26-10-2006, 06:03
What the book doesn't have: there is no magic formula, only some suggestions- some meditations (my word) that you can use for paricular goals. But the basic message of the book is that anyone can do it, and all you have to do is get a crystal ball, and focus your attention on it for a few minutes and leave yourself receptive. So I reccomend getting the book (Uma Sibley's book- I still haven't read the other one) but don't read it at the expense of time that you could be using to actually *do* the crystal ball gazing.

On the whole, the experience of reading the book was a positive, but it was also an avoidance tactic feeding the part of me that is maybe a little afraid of what I might find in that ball. The little gazing I have done has been similar to the experience of petting an orca at Sea World: I can feel that there is a lot of power there, but I have no means to determine just how much power because I'm only feeling the surface- I have no clue what the depths are at this point. I haven't felt this way about a lot of things in my life, and honestly this makes me hesitate with a bit of fear.

Mi-Shell
26-10-2006, 08:19
I fully agree with thinbuddha!
Only scry when you need to "see" something!
Because you may wish you had not looked -- like my previously told experience!
The "well of weird", the collective unconscious, the "original memory" is always open for business -- and it may not necessarily yours...
Mi-Shell

By the way -- using a pendulum to do "scrying" is not only used on Charmed!
The word is an old Anglosaxon word for seeing something
"within the betwixed and the between,
that no ordinary man has ever seen"
Mi-Shell

thinbuddha
28-10-2006, 04:19
"Crystal Gazing and Clairvoyance" by John Melville. I haven't read much of this one yet, but once I do, I'll let you know how it is.

OK- I started to read this book and quickly decided I won't be finishing it. Although it doesn't give a date of original publication in the book, I know it was quite old- after poking around on the net, it seems it was first published in 1910. Basically, I had to put it down after reading about how recent phrenology findings supported a particular theory about how crystal scrying works. Sort of interesting in a quaint sort of way, but not something I have enough interest in actually reading.

Ave27
22-11-2006, 13:55
I am new to crystal Scrying/gazing. I just got a new Clear Quartz crystal and was practicing by moon light and candles. I read about how the Crystal usually clouds and such but as i gazed at mine the black cloth seemed to just evenlop it and all i saw was the outline of the crystal. Is the Whole crystal supposed to turn black like that? It just seemed that my eyes looked threw the crystal and only saw the cloth. Any hints or types would help.

Cerulean
21-01-2007, 10:12
...I heard a folkish joke to 'witch balls' --that is, glass floats that wash up on shore that were made...oh, early in the twentieth century through the 1950s by Norwegian, Korean and Japanese fishermen...on the East Coast of the U.S. and I believe in some parts of the U.K. there were notes that these used items of recycled glass (from sake bottles, no less in Japan) with their old wave patterns, bubbles, exposure to the elements of sun and sea...they were used as pretty protection decorations.

But they could also be used as old crystal and glass could be for scrying.

I found a few reasonable new ones at a novelty seaside pier shop in pretty colors--my father is using the smaller red one as decoration to attract the hummingbird...the new ones were about five dollars each and I saw bubbles and small distortions that would be picked up by a candle flame or light shining through them for imaginative play...

But my heart goes out to some used ones I picked up at e-bay...the seller realized the small ones I bought were not the size he advertised, so he let me know he would give me two free ones for the right size--about ten inches in diameter, each sphere just about five inches across. I washed the free ones like the rest, and was surprised how dark emerald they seemed...wave patterns, bubbles and the like were very pleasing.

I'm propping them up with used round candy holiday boxes until I can cover the boxes with some material. I think of them as 'jump-starters' to letting my imagination flow--as I do when I look at clouds in the sky in the evening, becoming more aware of the pinpoints of light we know as stars.

I thought the folkish name and the idea of recycled glass would be pleasing for others, as well...I remember hearing of a very vibrant artist or seer here who used 'dark reflective wrapping paper in purple' to do similar things.

Best regards

Cerulean

Dark Inquisitor
21-01-2007, 11:21
...I heard a folkish joke to 'witch balls' --that is, glass floats that wash up on shore that were made...oh, early in the twentieth century through the 1950s

There are the float kind of witchballs ,and also the kind with an opening . The origin of the ones with the opening are a lot older than the 20th century, and the float type might be too. The ones with the opening would have a wooden stick inside with a chain attached for hanging , and possibly some materials inside to catch the wandering unpleasant spirit and imprison it. They were hung in the windows of old houses as protection . Often there were large ones mounted outside too, the ancestor of the modern garden "gazing ball". Some of the older witchballs are made with mercury , and are shiny and silver- reflective .

Unfortunately , in the squeamish modern era witchballs are sometimes renamed "friendship balls ". (gag)

Cerulean
21-01-2007, 13:09
...as it suspiciously looks like someone's cast-off small Xmas tree ornament in a dark purple-blue, not the glass floats of bubbled glass that I was talking about!

The silvery balls of old...I jokingly told my husband I must had a retro dose of Xmas decorations and 'disco decor' sometime in my life, since I was into these glittery things...

I found the two glass floats with seams were great to place for my husband's vintage tool/wooden decoy collection inherited from parents and grandparents...I claimed the three with wave patterns and no visible seams for 'crystal visions'...

Thanks for the information, Dark Inquisitor. I was looking online for more info on "witch balls" in New England and came across many new art ones...and the idea that Xmas tree ornaments were modelled after 'witch balls'.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

mac22
23-01-2007, 10:36
thinbuddha, i am certaintly not an expert, but a novice, like you. however, i was told of a great book on crystal ball reading, (though, i've yet to purchase it!) and maybe you should check it out. It is called "Crystal Ball Gazing" 'The complete guide to choosing and reading your crystal ball' by Uma Silbey.

I know it is available at Amazon.com and is not very expensive. In fact, last time i checked it out there on amazon.com, you were able to access the first few pages to read, and it did seem to very thorough.

I have not yet ordered a copy, because whenever I get some extra money, it seems to find it's way to yet another tarot book first!

If you do purchase this book though, and find it useful, I'd be grateful if you could let me know. Maybe Santa will give it to me for Christmas! :)

Uma Silbey's book is the best I've seen & read in 30 yrs.

Mac

Dark Inquisitor
08-02-2007, 15:07
Here is a great article on witchballs :

http://www.collegeofthecrossroads.org/witchballs.htm

celticnoodle
09-02-2007, 00:36
Uma Silbey's book is the best I've seen & read in 30 yrs.

Macyes, i agree! Santa brought me this book, (and my daughter too!), and I read through it and love it. I have not been practicing with my ball like I should however, but I think I'll start with it again soon. However, I do think that this book by Uma is super wonderful!

Has anyone read any of her other books or listened to her cd's she has for mediation & such? i do think of ordering a cd on mediation, but wonder what others think of them?

Cerulean
09-02-2007, 04:50
It was a general book on crystal awareness, etc., and at least ten or twenty years old?

She and her husband seemed to be very much into chakra, yoga, meditative suggestions and more into using quartz or 'natural stone' combinations. She didn't discourage laboratory-produced fusions or glass, but her focus was on how 'natural stone' was empowered to assist one's focus.

If you already have good books or resources to do yoga, cleansing breath and meditative awareness, then this book will reinforce some of these practises in a more Westernized context.

I was not disappointed. I decided to buy the crystal ball book by her as a unique reference that combines cleansing mind and body techniques and use of a 'magic mirror' or focusing tool. I decided the book used for about three or four dollars was fine; I would have also bought it new if it wasn't available for the used price.

Best regards,

Cerulean

enigma23
18-02-2007, 08:45
by Ted Andrews, and Scrying for Beginners by Donald Tyson.
It would be hard to rank them, having read both & Uma's book. I liked all of them.

Dark Inquisitor
22-02-2007, 11:20
If you go here :

http://www.museumofwitchcraft.com/

and do a search on the words "ball" and "mirror", you will find some very interesting pictures and descriptions .