Is there a God Oracle deck?

chrisam-crystals

i ahve a couple of goddess oracle decks, and suddenly tonight i ahve realised that i haven't heard or seen of any oracle decks specifically containing gods!

have i been blind all this time and not seen one, or is there one knocking about?

it would be great if i had one, then i could use god and goddess oracles together for a combined reading.

wouldn't mind making one up for myself, actually! :D

jue xx

inanna_tarot

not an oracle - but there is a working process of the God Tarot. Heres the website
www.godtarot.com

They have got a publisher in line, Kim's currently working on the book still :)
Something pretty to look at till they get published :D

Sezo
x

chrisam-crystals

i'm sorry.......but that deck looks awful to me. :(

i know that some people like that sort of artistic drawing, but it looks like a 10 year old has done them.

also the imagery is totally wrong on some of the cards too.....jesus wasn't a god, the yin yang symbols are out of place on the lovers card which depicts isis and osiris....there are a few others but i'll stop there! lol

would much prefer an oracle to tell you the truth where gods are depicted....off for another google.

jue xx

Sweet Irish Angel

I would have to agree with Jue,
I sont really think they are a particulary nice deck, the art work is not too good, I really can not relate to tarot/oracle decsa with such artwork, but im sure there are people out there who enjoy this artwork, but its defo not foe me :(

Fulgour

Sol Invictus

The God Tarot appears to involve universal symbols
which by their very nature transcend specific times.

I would be generous in my opinion 'first & foremost'
simply because great efforts have been made to be
as comprehensive and accurate as possible with all.

Nigel Jackson, a very accomplished artist, wrote:

nigromancer700 said:
I'd say that a tarot deck is not always a place to expect conventional life-drawing and you'll find some pretty odd proportions and forms throughout the court cards in any Marseilles or Vievilles deck! 'There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion'
From: Swords as Fire and Wands as Air Aeclectic Tarot Forum

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
~Sir Francis Bacon

"The awful thing is that beauty is mysterious as well as terrible.
God and the devil are fighting there and the battlefield is the heart..."

~Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky