quick cleansing?

madmoiselle

I'm currently using one deck I have for a project. The project is going to last for a while, and I plan to purify them with a full ritual I use. But right now, I'm still using them, and I can't not have them around, I can't have them cleanse in the sun and moon. But I've noticed that they need to be purified. So is there a way to cleanse the deck while I'm still working with them, some-thing quick that any of you use? It would really help me out.

lark

Some people reorder them in there original order and that helps.

I personally don't use cleansing rituals..but I do like to keep a crystal on top of my deck when they are not in use.

Tavia

Cleansing

Put the cards in the freezer for one minute and then take them out - then re-order them in the original order (eg: Fool, Magician, High Priestess...followed by the Minor Arcana in correct order).

Hold the re-ordered cards to your chest, breathe in deeply once and breathe out ~

Now your cards are cleansed ~

Tavia

Apollonia

Well, the most I ever do is re-order them once in a great while, but I do use a pendulum to ground and clear myself after a reading, so I don't know why it wouldn't work with a deck. I'd just hold it over the deck and ask my Higher Self to please clear the energies within the deck, and to let me know by changing direction when it has been completed.

alphamatrix

I sit them by my Sandalwood incense - gives a great energy to the cards.

Or you can just visualise a cleansing light going through all the cards while shuffling (whatever light you think is cleansing - i think of it as green).

Sulis

Shuffle - shuffle - shuffle

Alta

Reorder the cards and shuffle them a lot afterwards. (yes, I know, already mentioned, just another vote). I like frankincense incense smoke too, always seems very energizing to me.

Pomona_13

Feathers

I usually smudge my cards with incense. However, the other day I swept over the cards with a crow feather. This seemed to work wonders.

I also used to keep them wrapped in a cloth with sage. Messy but always cleansed when I wanted to use them.

diane drizzy

As mentioned I too like to place my cards in order.
It's also a relaxing thing for me to do, so I guess my cards, readings etc. benefit from it!

Original Destiny

When using one deck a lot I find it gets "sticky"...not in the gluey sense so I clap my hands over them and then shake my hands and then rub them together...Im not sure how or why I started doing this but it works for me....I have tried various complicated rituals but I find them restricting because they are usually too time consuming to be really practical...My Partner in life is ocd so i know all about rituals out of control...I keep rituals simple/quick/practical